New Charleston

speedcat

We factory ordered a Charleston yesterday. I notice on the newer units I have seen that shelves have been added on each side of the TV. the most recent one I saw had backlit shelving. I like this addition and hope it is new because in pics of models I have seen after the mid year changes it is on some but not others.

I also notice the whole coach water filter was behind the wall in the basement. I looked at one that was being prepped for a RV show and they had the entire wall panel off. I did not see a separate access panel to the filter. Does one have to take off the entire wall for access? If so, not thought out well. I typically don't use the whole coach filter I have now as I opt for a filter as the water source.

danemayer

To provide better access to the water pump and other basement components, many of us have modified the wall panel either by adding a hatch, or putting in a hinge or channel so it can be moved easily. The factory water filter on LM 365 is just one more reason you'll be going behind the wall.

If you ever camp in cold weather, you might find the location near the water pump to provide better freeze protection than other possibilities.

Alb

We purchased a new one last year and love it. I have had a few problems and most of them are plumbing issues. Make sure you keep and eye on the basment area as my filter fittings leaked where the fittings go in to the filter housing. It took three days to show up on the basment floor as the leaks were very small. I thought about constructing a hatch door but I have found it is better if you remove the whole wall for access when working on stuff behind it, you can have it removed with a impactor and driver bit in 10 mins. I may later on relocate the wall as there is some wasted space behind it and it would be nice if you didn't have to remove it at all.

Congrats on the new Charleston
ALB

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The LED lighting inside of the trim pieces of the slides and the back splash was one of the changes that Heartland did on the newer 2017 models going on the assembly line starting around December 2016 forward. Also the new touch light control panel for all the light switches.

speedcat

The LED lighting inside of the trim pieces of the slides and the back splash was one of the changes that Heartland did on the newer 2017 models going on the assembly line starting around December 2016 forward. Also the new touch light control panel for all the light switches.

We really like the multiple light controls and back splash backlight and lighting in the edge of the kitchen island, steps, bathroom toe kick etc..Not so much on the facia but you can dim or turn it off altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

We purchased a new one last year and love it. I have had a few problems and most of them are plumbing issues. Make sure you keep and eye on the basment area as my filter fittings leaked where the fittings go in to the filter housing. It took three days to show up on the basment floor as the leaks were very small. I thought about constructing a hatch door but I have found it is better if you remove the whole wall for access when working on stuff behind it, you can have it removed with a impactor and driver bit in 10 mins. I may later on relocate the wall as there is some wasted space behind it and it would be nice if you didn't have to remove it at all.

Congrats on the new Charleston
ALB

I have asked the dealer about creating an entry door for the filter. He said he thought they were doing that during the build but time will tell. I have seen multiple new units on line and the basement headwall seems to be different in at least two different configurations. Some are angled and show some plumbing and others are right angles with less space. I agree...I think modifying the headwall could create more basement space.

esscobra

unfortunately they never make the designers spend time using units- all units would be so much better if they actually had to send time in them and use se them-

speedcat

Received an update on the time frame. On line on 3/3, to paint on 3/10 and back from paint on 3/24. Delivered the week of 3/27.

speedcat

We were in the Knoxville area for Spring Break and went by the dealership to drop off the sattelite and receivers for installation. While there the transport driver showed up with our unit! We are going back next weekend to stay overnight in the unit and do our PDI.

jbeletti

We were in the Knoxville area for Spring Break and went by the dealership to drop off the sattelite and receivers for installation. While there the transport driver showed up with our unit! We are going back next weekend to stay overnight in the unit and do our PDI.
Great news!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Great seeing you and Fawn at RVs for Less as you were picking up your new baby last weekend. Hope to see ya'll down the road.