Gateway 3712 RDMB Hitch Weight

df2686df

Hello -

I know this is a new floor plan, but I see them for sale...so I'm hoping someone may know the answer to this.

What is the hitch weight of this unit dry?

Thanks,

Dan

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since there is no data for pin weight on the Heartlandrvs web site, I would guestimate a dry pin weight of about 2,600 pounds.

Peace
Dave

df2686df

I think you're right. I noticed after my post the floorplan is pretty close to the Oakmont 390 MBL...hitch weight of 2580.

Dan

danemayer

Not sure why you're interested in dry weight. Most people load the RVs up and are much closer to the GVWR. Until you get the rig weighed as it travels, you should assume the pin will carry about 20% of GVWR. If it's close to the Oakmont weights, 20% would be around 3,100.

Also, dry weight specs (when the factory does get around to publishing) are often based on prototypes that don't have everything that ships with the unit. And never includes options ordered from the factory or installed locally. That's another reason to use GVWR as the starting point.

df2686df

Yes I'm aware of that...but dry hitch weight is the only hitch weight provided, so that's my only way to compare different models.

avvidclif

Yes I'm aware of that...but dry hitch weight is the only hitch weight provided, so that's my only way to compare different models.

Use the dry weight and dry hitch weight and figure the percentage. Then apply that percentage to the GVWR. That should get you in the ballpark. Unless your DW stores her rock collection in the front basement.