Edge 386

bush

This was hard to do to a new camper.

But got it installed.

I ended up having to drill the hole about 4 to 5 inches higher that where the sticker was for the vent on the inside. If you drill where the sticker is placed you will drill into where the joint is on the side of trailer when fiberglass and trim piece together.

I also put vent covers on three of the 4 covers. Would have done the 4th but the cover was missing 4 nuts to mount it. I only had to drill the vent in the kitchen/living room. The others had the hole for the mount built-in.

Also checked over all the caulking and found air bubbles over some screw heads.

So I used some eterdurabond tape to cover it.

Also put a few signs and a key rack

My 2018 edge 386 is goin down the assembly line right now. Should be ready for pick up in 4ish more weeks. When you have the washer/dryer hooked up, doesn't it blocked the rear bathroom door from opening all the way?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My 2018 edge 386 is goin down the assembly line right now. Should be ready for pick up in 4ish more weeks.
Joshua, consider attending the Heartland Owners Club Michigan Chapter this coming August. A great opportunity to show off your knew rig.
It's in Traverse City, just down the road from you. Cross the Big Mac and your almost there.
Check out the details HERE.

Peace
Dave

Dave, I'll have to wait until closer to time to reserve anything. I'm at the coast guard station in the Soo so there is no telling what kind of things we'll have goin on in august. It'd be awesome to attend though. What usually happens at these "rally's?" And since I'm buying a new heartland, is there a membership included or do I have to buy that as well?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What happens at these rallies? Good question. There is no set agenda for rallies and they are all different with the exceptions of meeting up with old friends and meeting new.
Normally people enjoy the local sights and food as well as a pot luck or two. Maybe and evening campfire and socializing.
Usually the club will furnish the main meat with us providing the sides for an evening meal. No charge for that meal if you are a club member.
Guess you would have to attend to find out.
If you don't have the time off to attend the rally you might consider a day trip and meet a few people during rally days, about 160 miles for you.
Follow this link for Heartland Owners Club details.

Peace
Dave

bush

My 2018 edge 386 is goin down the assembly line right now. Should be ready for pick up in 4ish more weeks. When you have the washer/dryer hooked up, doesn't it blocked the rear bathroom door from opening all the way?

It doeskeep it from opening all the way but you can still get in it no problem. I wanted to put the washer in at an angle so the door would open more but the wife said no.