ATF: Landmark - Mystery switch on 2017 Landmark Newport

budman229

There is a lone toggle switch on our 2017 Newport just to the right of the frig inverter power switch. I know the tech told us what it was for, but we don't remember. It does not seem to do anything. If you can solve the mystery, it will help at least two owners.

danemayer

There's usually an outlet near the front of the main awning that is controlled by a switch inside. Could be that. Another thing to check is LED light strip that may be hidden by the awning.

budman229

Thanks. Its probably the front outlet for the "Welcome Light" (which we have not received yet). The awning lights are on separate switches.

Andy,you are correct.Thanks.

Paul
It definitely powers up the receptacle close to the hanger for your sign.... We just bought a 2017 Landmark 365 and was wondering what the switch was for .... I called Ron at the factory and he told me what it powered up.. I took my volt meter and verified he was correct.....

Mark-Roberta 051995

Is this the switch everyone is referring to? electric panel.jpg

The single black one on top? I am wondering also as I thought it may be the light under the steps but that is not doing anything.

jjwink

Is this the switch everyone is referring to? View attachment 53975

The single black one on top? I am wondering also as I thought it may be the light under the steps but that is not doing anything.
. We have a 2017 365 Syracuse. Our panel is a little different. Two top switches on the left are for welcome light under step and edge lighting in kitchen counter edges. We have a smaller switch for floor lighting.

mthompson

Along that same line. We have a small switch mounted to the left of the door, about 2 inches above the floor that we haven't been able to determine it's use. Any ideas.

It's in a 2012 Bighorn 3455RL

Thanks, Mark

danemayer

Along that same line. We have a small switch mounted to the left of the door, about 2 inches above the floor that we haven't been able to determine it's use. Any ideas.

Thanks, Mark
Outside light under the entry steps?

mthompson

Outside light under the entry steps?

Well, that's what I thought, but those lights are on all the time and the switch doesn't turn them off.

But the thought just came to me that maybe that switch is for those lights and doesn't work, leaving them on constantly. Great something new for my honey do list.

I'll let you all know when I check it tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

rhodies1

Thanks, Mark

I have th same year and model Bighorn,that light switch is for your step light mounted to the frame behind the step.

Oldelevatorman

There's usually an outlet near the front of the main awning that is controlled by a switch inside. Could be that. Another thing to check is LED light strip that may be hidden by the awning.

Why would you need a switch for the outside outlet? I'll have to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely powers up the receptacle close to the hanger for your sign.... We just bought a 2017 Landmark 365 and was wondering what the switch was for .... I called Ron at the factory and he told me what it powered up.. I took my volt meter and verified he was correct.....
Hello my name is Tom, I see you have a Newport it’s beautiful , we own the Phoenix 2018, did you get your welcome sign that plugs into the USB plug that you have to order from Heartland with whatever you want it to say. How do I go about getting it, who do I contact, thank you

jbeletti

Hello my name is Tom, I see you have a Newport it’s beautiful , we own the Phoenix 2018, did you get your welcome sign that plugs into the USB plug that you have to order from Heartland with whatever you want it to say. How do I go about getting it, who do I contact, thank you

Tom, check your blue bag for an order form. If not there, maybe on the flash drive. If not there, I have the form somewhere here on the forum. Double check and advise - we’ll make sure you get the order form if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk