just a few pics of our TQ31

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've never used the Equalizer setup, but when we had bumper pull TT's we had a DrawTite WD system:

WDhitchsetup-P1000277.jpg NewTruckHitchInAZ.jpg

The key to a WD hitch system is knowing the correct way to hook it up each time you hitch up the trailer.

My experience is that RV dealerships (most especially Camping World) don't have a clue on how to instruct their customers on how to use their hitches correctly.

If you have a dedicated trailer hitch shop anywhere near you . . . seek them out and have them teach you how to use your WD stuff the right way!

Or if we ever meet up at an HOC Rally, I (or other HOC members with the knowhow) can show you the finer details.

And pay them if you didn't buy your hitch from them (remember, free advice is worth every penny spent on it).

Luckily, here in Denver we have a trailer hitch shop that knows about this stuff, which is where I purchased all of that WD stuff . . .

They taught me how to use it and hitch it up correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also like to add that I see trailers being pulled all of the time where it is plainly obvious that the owners don't have a clue on how to use their WD hitch setup correctly.

And I used to try to help them get their trailers hitched up right.

But I no longer bother as in my experience . . . when I try to educate someone on the proper use, they usually get upset and call me names and other stuff (ie- threaten me with an @$$ whoopin').

So I keep my mouth shut now . . .

My only hope is that they don't hurt themselves or others who just happen to be on the road with them at the wrong time that may have to experience their inequities in knowledge of their improper hitch-up.

schew

Thanks for the advice. Ordered the 14k Equalizer and still have sway in crosswinds. Don't know what to do now. I might borrow my dads dually next time I pull it and see if that helps.

One thing to check is make sure you go into your truck settings and see of your "TSC" or "Trailer Sway Control" is turned on... Sorry I didn't think of this sooner...