169.7 KB · Views: 223
  • tq312.jpg
    tq312.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 20160911_171126.jpg
    20160911_171126.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 231

jbeletti

Very nice Sedley - congrats on the new RV!

Say, no need to wait for summer. Get that RV loaded up and join a rally coming up this April, 2 hours from you in Red Bluff - link.

Then finish the season with a grand time just an hour and a half from you in Jackson at an amazing campground - link.

schew

Very nice Sedley - congrats on the new RV!

Say, no need to wait for summer. Get that RV loaded up and join a rally coming up this April, 2 hours from you in Red Bluff - link.

Then finish the season with a grand time just an hour and a half from you in Jackson at an amazing campground - link.

Thanks for the invite but due to work, I will nkt be able to do any trips until June. The Jackson event may work though!!

Beautiful trailer. We are looking at one this weekend. How does it pull with the F250? Do you find the trailer too long? We currently pull a 31' Bumper to hitch Toy Hauler and it feels small, however I am a bit worried about the length of the T31.

schew

Beautiful trailer. We are looking at one this weekend. How does it pull with the F250? Do you find the trailer too long? We currently pull a 31' Bumper to hitch Toy Hauler and it feels small, however I am a bit worried about the length of the T31.

Thank you, we're very excited about our trailer. Our F250 is a Powerstroke diesel so there's plenty of power, and then some.... and then some again;)
I have to remind myself that I was towing 13k pounds, as you can accidentally find yourself cruising at 80mph. I forced myself to keep it down to 55mph.

I use the Equilizer hitch with built in sway control. It works great but don't have any experience with any other weight distribution hitch. The sway bars rely on friction to work so when you turn, you often will hear some creaking... it's just the sway control doing its thing.

I was very, very concerned with the length but it's much more manageable than I thought it would be. It's not the white knuckle experience I thought it was going to be and gassing wasn't an issue despite my overall length pushing 60'.
Trailer tracks straight, though it does seem to be quite tongue heavy despite having my 1200 lb. Polaris ranger xp 700 loaded in the garage.

In order to park it alongside my house, I'm required to back it up about 300' then a 90° turn. With a little practice, it's become fairly easy and painless to back this trailer up.
A rear camera takes a lot of guess work out too..

Great Info!

So no regrets getting the T31 over the T30 or something smaller? If you don't mind what did you pull previously? Big change?

schew

I read your earlier posts regarding the consideration you where having about choosing a 5th wheel as well.
We were in the same boat as you, sounds like we both went through the identical thought process.
We were sold on the Keystone Impact 311 5th wheel but the fact is, the pin weight would put us over the GVWR.
With the possible issue of liability in case of an accident, we had to let go of our dreams for a 5th wheel.
I first purchased a 2015 Pacific Coachworks Sandsport EX15. It was about 26' 6 bumper to bumper and just too small for our family of 5. We narrowed it down to the Carbon 31, TQ32, 30 & 31.
The TQ31 won out due to it's layout, the others simply couldn't match it. It has the option of having a deck ( like the TQ32) as well as a 2nd half bath.
I have a side x side that's 9'9 long and I'm so happy we choose the TQ31 vs. the TQ30. A 10' garage would have worked but I think it would have been hassle squeezing that sxs in each time. Now it drives straight in with room to spare with the benefit of additional cargo room.
The second bathroom will be a huge plus as I remember at times there was a line to use the bathroom in our previous trailer.
If you boondock a lot, the second bathroom has its own grey and black tank which may help with extended boondocking trips as you won't have two toilets, a bath and 3 faucets dumping into single grey and black tanks.

Also, the main bathroom is a jack and Jill setup which I think gives you more options to suit ones lifestyle...

Great feedback,also sorry for hijacking the thread unintentionally.

We are also a family of 5 and were torn between a conventional TT/5th Wheel ora toy hauler. The wife and I both have motorcycles and figured with anormal trailer we would never use it when it was just the 2 of us, however we couldeasily see loading up the bikes and going on a weekend trip riding.

Our previoustrailer was the Wolf Pack 24pack14 Toy hauler 31’ Bumper to Hitch, it was waytoo small for us, it did not feel too long pulling really. My big concern was the extra 7’ on this onetaking it the other direction completely! I had the Reese Dual Cam on the Wolf Pack, it was OK however super noisy. If we order the T31 this weekend I think wewill go with the Hensley Arrow hitch, I have heard good things about them.

The floorplan of the31 is awesome and works well for a family, just the length is concerning. We are going to walk one Saturday and make the final decision.

schew

I check out new rv's that are comparable in specs, including 5th wheels but have yet to find one that offers a better layout..

660griz

Not sure about everyone else but, what gives me the most stress is the height more than the length. These things are tall.

schew

Me too,
Its become habit for me to always visually check as well as read the height of ceilings, overhangs and tunnels.

ja002pr

Which equalizer hitch do you use with your new T31? I too have a T31 and a white F250 with airbags. The trailer walks all over the road with my RZR XP1000 in the garage. I will admit though, I am using the 12,000 lb equalizer hitch from my old travel trailer. Im thinking that may be my problem.

schew

Which equalizer hitch do you use with your new T31? I too have a T31 and a white F250 with airbags. The trailer walks all over the road with my RZR XP1000 in the garage. I will admit though, I am using the 12,000 lb equalizer hitch from my old travel trailer. Im thinking that may be my problem.

I'm using their 14,000 lb. hitch and for the most part it tows quite well, even with my 1200 lb. Polaris Ranger XP in the garage.
You may be "underhitched".

http://www.adventurerv.net/equalizer-weight-distribution-equalizer-hitch-14000-p-5288.html

I picked up the Hensley Arrow, my trailer will be here in a week or so to try it out. No air bags on my 250, trying without

ja002pr

We have the 14k Equalizer set up, works most of the time, I do not pull over 22mph wind speed (has always been my cut off)
Also look into the Hensley or the Pro Pride 3. Spendy but I think both of those are the answer. This possibly for a different chat location.