Additional equipment

I have a question regarding my 3110 Bighorn,
New to me 2016, After picking it up I took it for a test run. I noticed the A/C's were not working all that great . After reading on this form about the problem and seeing what others had to say ,I taped all the gaps in the duct work. Thank you, But still A/C's are not working right. In the pamphlet that I got from the dealer It states that( In using the RV in temperatures above 80 degrees or below 32 degrees additional equipment will be required). can anyone tell me what that might be?? A Roof ??
Thanks

Last edited:

Relayman

I bought a 2017 3270RS....we noticed the ac's were nice and cold IN THE DUCTWORK...but
did not seem to be pushing very much air actually OUT of the supply registers, into the coach. I made sure the ductwork was sealed at all remote ends...then....I fabricated some concave inserts that were rhick enough to direct the airflow out and down into the coach, but not block off the duct to the end registers ,which i installed in the duct at the middle supply register position. I also did this at the ends of the supply regist9ers as well. This increased the airflow output from the supply registers and cools better. hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NHCelt

I bought a 2017 3270RS....we noticed the ac's were nice and cold IN THE DUCTWORK...but
did not seem to be pushing very much air actually OUT of the supply registers, into the coach. I made sure the ductwork was sealed at all remote ends...then....I fabricated some concave inserts that were rhick enough to direct the airflow out and down into the coach, but not block off the duct to the end registers ,which i installed in the duct at the middle supply register position. I also did this at the ends of the supply regist9ers as well. This increased the airflow output from the supply registers and cools better. hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Relayman...I was thinking of adding these same type of "speedbumps" inside the ductwork. Wondering what you found to be the best size and placement given the 2 way flow in the ductwork....

Thanks

Relayman

Relayman...I was thinking of adding these same type of "speedbumps" inside the ductwork. Wondering what you found to be the best size and placement given the 2 way flow in the ductwork....

Thanks
The ac unit(s) output enters the ductwork between an end register and the mid-coach register . i measured the width and height of the inside of the register. I purchased a couple of 2x2 foam square pieces..then glued them together. I next cut them to the width and heigth of the duct work ID. I made them lonf enough to allow mw to take my rotary grinder...and carve a concave slope. I cut them in half to allow mw to incert them into the duct work at each end, with the concave facing rhe middle of the coach. and taped them together inside the ductwork. . Next...for the mid register..i found a plastic container with a rounded bottom. i cut the bottom out of it, then trimmed it to create a convave
shaped " scoop" that was a dimention that would only take up half the area of the id of the ductwork
faced the concave "scoop" towards the ac unit supply inlet, and taped it in place. this would effectively divert somenof the air that flows toward the end of the coach , down , and into the center of the coach, improving overall airflow. Use the alumimum foil ac tape for the install. you have to peel the paper mastic protector off as you use it, but it is really tacky and works well as it can be formed somewhat. good luck my friend !!!