"Scare lights" on 2011 BC 3510RL

danemayer

Hans,

I've merged your new thread with the earlier one asking about the scare light switch so that all the answers are in one place.

Several people have already responded to that earlier thread that there is no switch in their coach either. Apparently when Heartland put that function in the remote on your rig, they didn't think a switch would be needed.

You and I no doubt agree that they should have had a switch. But it does seem like if you want one, you're going to have to add it.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Hans, we had no scare light switches in our BC either. The brain board in ours is in the cabinet above the switch panel. There is a cutout in the back of the cabinet and held in place with two screws. The board is behind the panel. I found the terminals for the scare lights and pulled wires down to the switch panel. I installed a switch for each light with diodes on them so that the remote works as well as the individual switches.

mlpeloquin

Each rig and model year may be wired differently. My big Horn has the light under the stairs controlled by the remote. Only one switch controls both scare lights and my remote receiver/relay board is behind the switch/tank monitor panel. Now when the remote fails and you have the reprogram it, knowing where the relay/control board is will allow you to know what relays have connections. I now have it documented so if it happens again.... Hope not!