EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Tyler - 9/29/2017 to 10/1/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I have added the agenda in the #1 post. I didn't plan a lot of group activities as Canton Trade Days will be going on. When this rally was planned the park & I didn't realize it was first Monday, therefore, we lucked out! :cool: Canton is about 30 minutes from Tyler. This is a huge flea market for those that don't know. It will be a great opportunity to get those early Christmas gifts! :D

For those not interested, there are other things to do in Tyler, including just relaxing and socializing.

Rally time is getting close! See you soon!

pegmikef

I spoke with Whitney Wednesday and she said they still had a few spots left. She is going on vacation and someone else was handling it. I'll get with her when she gets back and see what is going on. She said they have an overflow area that has no sewer if anyone would take those.

Any word yet? PM me please. Thanks.

Relayman

Careful what you ask for.lol A little help with the bacon and sausage is always nice. Between flipping and draining the abundance of grease that accumulates can get old. Nice to take a small break. I smoke and people don't like my ashes on the meat. I personally think it makes it better.
shoot....when I was in the Navy,
our Chief cook smoked, and the only ash tray he used was the pot he was stirring !! LOL.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Again, we've got the meat covered for the Breakfast Extravaganza. Time to be thinking about those sides to bring. Below is my wish list.lol

Fried potatoes
scrambled egg dishes
cheesy grits (for my DW)
Biscuits gravy (Please)
More fried potatoes with onions
More biscuits and gravy
Orange juice
Did I mention fried potatoes and biscuits and gravy?
etc, etc, etc

The Canton Flea Market is a huge affair with everything you could imagine. I got drug to the rose garden years ago. The display hall of the rose parade gowns is amazing. You can't believe the work involved in their dresses. They have every gown from the 1st year of the event. BTW, I won't be attending it again.lol

Talked to Ed this morning and we're ready for this rally. Been home too long and ready to get back on the road. See everyone there.
Remember, biscuits and gravy and fried potatoes.

Relayman, I think we had the same cook.

Chippendale

Again, we've got the meat covered for the Breakfast Extravaganza. Time to be thinking about those sides to bring. Below is my wish list.lol

Fried potatoes
scrambled egg dishes
cheesy grits (for my DW)
Biscuits gravy (Please)
More biscuits and gravy
Orange juice
etc, etc, etc

Frank, Dolly said she would whip up a dish of her Jalapeno & Cheese Scrambled Eggs

Pokiejoe

Fried potatoes
scrambled egg dishes
cheesy grits (for my DW)
Biscuits gravy (Please)
More biscuits and gravy
Orange juice
etc, etc, etc

The Canton Flea Market is a huge affair with everything you could imagine. I got drug to the rose garden years ago. The display hall of the rose parade gowns is amazing. You can't believe the work involved in their dresses. They have every gown from the 1st year of the event. BTW, I won't be attending it again.lol

Talked to Ed this morning and we're ready for this rally. Been home too long and ready to get back on the road. See everyone there.

I can make biscuits and gravy...do you want me to add sausage to the gravy or just plain ole gravy?
Vicky

LWMensch

We look forward to meeting you! Please make a reservation with the park and post back your dates. To join the Heartland Owners Club, please go here: https://heartlandowners.org/club/join-the-club/

- - - Updated - - -

I've got you down Paul & Cindy. Please make a reservation with the park and let me know your dates. We look forward to meeting you!

Larry and I will be attending 9/29/17 and leaving out 10/1/17. We are in the over flow area as we forgot to call the park until we returned home from Colorado (for 3 weeks). Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jodi & Larry Mensch

nander

Larry and I will be attending 9/29/17 and leaving out 10/1/17. We are in the over flow area as we forgot to call the park until we returned home from Colorado (for 3 weeks). Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jodi & Larry Mensch

Great, Jodi & Larry! We look forward to meeting you!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Fried potatoes
scrambled egg dishes
cheesy grits (for my DW)
Biscuits gravy (Please)
More biscuits and gravy
Orange juice
etc, etc, etc

Sorry...not on your wishlist but I'll be whipping up a French Toast Bake.

'Lil Guy'

Sorry...not on your wishlist but I'll be whipping up a French Toast Bake.

Totally acceptable. Sure need some others to get involved lol. The people making the sausage gravy can get the sausage from me Thursday. We'll have plenty. Not only is Ted on the meat cooking team, he's paying for half of it. I pick up a couple oh hundred pounds of meat. I'll leave most in my freezer so when I give the receipt for the meat to get reimbursed, don't tell Ted. Ready to get these tallies started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Totally acceptable. Sure need some others to get involved lol. The people making the sausage gravy can get the sausage from me Thursday. We'll have plenty. Not only is Ted on the meat cooking team, he's paying for half of it. I pick up a couple oh hundred pounds of meat. I'll leave most in my freezer so when I give the receipt for the meat to get reimbursed, don't tell Ted. Ready to get these rallies started.

nander

I will make some biscuits. I can also make sausage gravy if you need more than one person to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.