First pull leaving the dealership on Jan 31st

D_BTravelers

Picked up the new 2016 Big Country yesterday and brought her home. We had the dealer add the washer and dryer stack, plus the Trailair Air Ride pin box. We are excited and now have to move all of our gear from the 2014 Rockwood Windjammer into the new toy.
First Day 13117.jpg

'Lil Guy'

Looking good. Congrats on your new BC. Enjoy and hope to meet you down the road. BTW. You need to show that thing off at one of the HL rallies. Check out the HOC.

D_BTravelers

Thanks, the DW and I had spent so much time shopping for large frig, pantry, plenty of kitchen cabinets, auto leveling, and quiet AC that we didn't really pay much attention to the graphic colors or design. We both thought it looked good when we first saw it and then promptly went on to other things. When I pulled it out from the PDI cover into the sun we looked at each other and smiled because it matched so well. Kind of a unexpected bonus.
And Oregon Camper the Big Horn paint is awesome! Our budget didn't allow for that, but we both think it is beautiful.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome!

You'll love the Big Country! We just had our 1-year anniversary with ours.

Looks like ExploreUSA, which location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D_BTravelers

Travel Tiger, it was the one in Mesquite on I-30. Very nice people, the PDI guy was Brian Walker and he did a very good job. We told them we wanted to buy the unit on Saturday the 21st, and our salesman, Mark Stewart, had them bring the rig into the bay so it could be powered up for us to look at further. The DW and I went back over on the following Sunday and did a preliminary walk through writing down anything that wasn't correct, missing, or didn't work properly; not a lot of things, but I emailed them to the service department. I believe that helped the PDI go very smoothly as they used our list in conjunction with their normal checklist during PDI prep. It also let them know we were experienced (much kinder than saying "old") RV'ers and knew what we were looking for and looking at. Only a couple of small items needed work when we came to pick it up, and they both were corrected on the spot by Brian. All in all a very good experience, but the sale usually is, it is the service later that can be challenging.

MCTalley

Sounds like a great sales experience. Great floorplan, too, even if I am a bit biased. We love our 3650.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Travel Tiger, it was the one in Mesquite on I-30. Very nice people, the PDI guy was Brian Walker and he did a very good job. We told them we wanted to buy the unit on Saturday the 21st, and our salesman, Mark Stewart, had them bring the rig into the bay so it could be powered up for us to look at further. The DW and I went back over on the following Sunday and did a preliminary walk through writing down anything that wasn't correct, missing, or didn't work properly; not a lot of things, but I emailed them to the service department. I believe that helped the PDI go very smoothly as they used our list in conjunction with their normal checklist during PDI prep. It also let them know we were experienced (much kinder than saying "old") RV'ers and knew what we were looking for and looking at. Only a couple of small items needed work when we came to pick it up, and they both were corrected on the spot by Brian. All in all a very good experience, but the sale usually is, it is the service later that can be challenging.

Great to hear! We had the same experience and Mark was our salesman as well. Our PDI was a bit more complicated, as some items we caught earlier were not fixed at final PDI walk through, we had a pin box swap, and we had to transfer all our (fulltimers) stuff from one rig (trading in) to the other.

Mark is a good guy. We liked working with him on the sale.

I'll PM you about our service experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Nice looking rig!

Say, are you guys free Feb 15-19? Just an hour west of you is the TX Sweetheart Rally - link. It would be a nice short ride for your shake-down trip and there will be a LOT of Heartlanders there. All RV brands are welcome at this non-Heartland event.

Then this September, an hour east of you in Tyler, TX will be the North Texas Heartland Owners Club Rally - link.

Or if you're ready for a longer road-trip, coming up this April in Alpine, TX (west) is our West Texas Heartland Owners Club Rally - link.

If none of these work out for you, consult this map or this calendar to see what my work for you!

And of course, give strong consideration to joining the Heartland Owners Club - link.

Great looking combination you have there. I am sure you will have years of enjoyment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

farside291

Beautiful combination, you know what they say...brown matches everything! Our Ram is Grey but I swear it matches the BC better than my brown Chevy. Congratulations!

lynndiwagoner

Great looking rig. I remember hitching up to my new BC 3650 with a 2500HD Chevy. Salesman didn't say anything and no one offered to help hitch up or even watch. Once bought it was my responsibility for any mishaps. LOL

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our dealership installed the trailer hitch in the truck while we were doing the PDI.

While we were inside signing the paperwork, they hitched it up and then gave me a lesson on how to use the slider function of the hitch.

Here is our obligatory photo of our new RV at the dealership all hitched up and ready to go for the first time:

NewProwler-P1000041.jpg