spiders under my rv

Abear79

I got injured at work back in August. So its been parked and hopefully we be back rving again this summer. Every week or so I have to get my children to go knock the webs down from underneath the RV. What would be the best way to stop this before they get inside the rv. My rv is parked in a 30 x 60 pole barn with the driver side wall of the rv open because thats where my back patio starts. we sprayed around the barn walls inside and out but the spiders keep coming back. Any ideas to stop them? I did not bomb the rv. I was trying to not do that. but will as a last resort.

lwmcguire

Use a product called Tempo available from Bayer in liquid or powder. Safe to use and it the best product available for spiders and other insects. It can be used in the Kitchen area as well.

Abear79

Use a product called Tempo available from Bayer in liquid or powder. Safe to use and it the best product available for spiders and other insects. It can be used in the Kitchen area as well.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Every other week I spray all around the ground and underneath the camper/slides as well as behind the tires with Ortho Home Defense. Haven't had any problems with ants or spiders and only about 3 stink bugs in the last 2 years.

LBR

You're probably not spraying enough initial repetitions to combat the spider's cycle of life before tapering back on the spraying regiment.

Abear79

Every other week I spray all around the ground and underneath the camper/slides as well as behind the tires with Ortho Home Defense. Haven't had any problems with ants or spiders and only about 3 stink bugs in the last 2 years.

It is not a deal beaker especially that it works, but did the ortho stain your cement?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Ortho Home Defense seems to take care of just about anything. I have not had any surfaces stained using it.

sengli

We use to live at the lake for many years. And at the lake there is always spiders every freakin where. I battled the mess of them for years. Talked to one of the locals on e day and he recommended a product called BUG STOP. It actually a very inexpensive, clear liquid that can sprayed. Not only does it kill on contact, but it keeps them from coming back for months. I have used this in my garage, on the boat, in the barn... on the under side of the RV, really anywhere. It does really kick spider butt.

Between the ever rising taxes, and the spider issue, we moved away from the lake setting.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We lived on a lake in southern Michigan before we moved out west . . .

And yes, the spiders were a real PITA!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We lived about 2 blocks from Lake Ray Hubbard in Rockwall, TX years ago. Spiders were terrible! Very glad to move from there.

Fast forward to moving to Cisco TX area, and we picked a park right on Lake Leon. Guess what!? I didn't have to decorate for Halloween! Spiders again!!! We had a big one that liked to build his web under the steps by the step light.

Again, we moved, and so glad to be rid of those spiders.

I tried to be environmentally friendly and used a natural product on them since we were just 30 feet from the lake, but it really didn't phase them much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We used to use this strange orange (my grandmother told me about them) and hung it in a net-type bag in key spots and it would keep the spiders away.

Don't remember what they were called, but they are all wrinkly.

osims

bsims
I've been using Demon, it's a powder you mix with water in the pump up sprayer, it seems to work well. It is sold at Lowes.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We also call them Hedge Apples. Don't try to cut the wood with a chain saw. They do make great fence posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Abear79

We use to have an osage orange tree in our yard. Got it cut down 14 years ago. I kept a rotten piece in back my truck to bet people they could not break it. I never saw a harder wood. Black with rot and still almost impossible to break a branch. But I did not know it was good for insects and arachnids.

paleclaire

I had spider problems on my cabin cruiser, at the marine store I picked up a spray bottle of Spider Kill 2. The next morning 100 or so spiders were hanging from the boat everywhere. Stone dead. I swear by that stuff!