Lounge/dining slide mod & carpet removal

johnf

I have modified the lounge/dining slide on 2009 2900MK6 Sundance where the outside walls meet the floor by adding 2" x 2" x 1/8" aluminium angle strips to hold the wall to the floor where the original screws were not holding properly. I read somewhere a while ago on this forum that this is also a mod that Sundance does for the older models where this is a known problem area.
I now want to remove the carpet in the main area and expose the vinyl underneath as we do not want carpet. When I remove the carpet, what are the chances of the modified aluminium edges scoring or damaging the vinyl floor ? Is there another solution rather than the aluminium angle if this does happen ?

danemayer

I'm not sure you'll find vinyl under the carpet. We replaced our carpet and the kitchen vinyl extended an inch or two under the carpet.

johnf

Well I hope there is vinyl under the carpet ?? We have friends with the same model Sundance and when they removed the carpet the vinyl covered the whole floor under the carpet. When the staples were removed the holes left were not obvious so a good result without much effort.