Cyclone 4005

Eric91Z

So, just got home from local RV show. We are current Grand Design owners that will be moving to something bigger in the future when we get closer to going full time.

We keep coming back to toy haulers to have space for kayaks, bikes, maybe golf car or motorcycle. Biggest hang up with toy haulers is lack of interior main living area, but live on board fuel stations, generators, bigger holding tanks, etc. Given our enjoyment with Grand Design, we like a couple of the Momentums, but today we saw the Cyclone 4005 in person. Wow! So much to like about that setup! Little more room around king bed and room for separate washer dryer would be nice, but great living area, outdoor kitchen with TV, 13' garage - 9.5" to 1/2 bath. Pass through - inside to ODK - for garbage and other stuff. Big "living room" area.

Now, don't see much on here for that model. Anyone have one? How do you like it? Any issues from it? They said they had sold 7 at the show this weekend.

Anyone have some good pics to post for them?

All input appreciated. As we as Heartland after sale support - something else Grand Design is very good at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Hi Eric91Z,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some info from our other Cyclone owners and members soon.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland Cyclone soon.

Jim M

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The 4005 is a new floor-plan and just getting out to the market, but it is quickly becoming one of our most popular floor plans. With the largest kitchen and living spaces available, outside kitchen, 13' garage area, 1 1/2 bath rooms, and king size bed all in one floor-plan it is easy to see why. I think I actually showed you the 4005 in Des Moines rv show on Saturday. If you have any other questions or anything that I can help with please let me know.

thanks,

AJ Jones

Eric91Z

The 4005 is a new floor-plan and just getting out to the market, but it is quickly becoming one of our most popular floor plans. With the largest kitchen and living spaces available, outside kitchen, 13' garage area, 1 1/2 bath rooms, and king size bed all in one floor-plan it is easy to see why. I think I actually showed you the 4005 in Des Moines rv show on Saturday. If you have any other questions or anything that I can help with please let me know.

thanks,

AJ Jones

Well, AJ, if you were at the Des Moines show this weekend then you were the one that give my wife and I the tour and answered all our questions. Extremely grateful for the time you spent with us. We really liked the 4005 a lot and just looking to see if other owners out there to give some input on it.

Definitely one of the top units on our list now!

We pick ours up today. We literally switched the latest minute from a voltage 3970 to the 4005. I have. O feedback on anything than we are exited. I will try and do a review after a few trips.

Brandon

BILLnSAL

We pick ours up today. We literally switched the latest minute from a voltage 3970 to the 4005. I have. O feedback on anything than we are exited. I will try and do a review after a few trips.

Brandon

Hi Brandon, we share similarities with you. We were also seeking the voltage 3970 until we clicked on the link for the new 2018 Cyclone 4005. We were able to view one in person over the weekend...I have a question for you. What do you think about the floor support structure in the living area? Does your floor in the living area compress as if the subfloor is not attached to the floor joists? In the unit that we walked, it seemed as if the floor wanted to move more than I am use to seeing in an RV. For example, what we experienced is when you step on the floor next to the couch in front of the sink, you can actually see the couch move with the floor. Can you give feedback on the unit you have to possibly let me know if there may be a defect in the unit that I walked.

Thanks

Roadie

We have a 2017 4005. Will get some pics posted asap. Love the trailer. Never feel that compression in the subfloor. Likes: living area. Kitchen. 2 toilets. Master bed would be better as queen and have more room. Thirteen foot garage is more like 12'5" with 3 season back Door. No complaints. Currently in Moab for a week.

Houtex

We have an 18’ 4005 and really like it. Our house was one that flooded in Houston and were a family of 5 and a dog living in it full time. 24/7 full time use right now and not a single issue. Been great and the floor plan is a great one for sure. Best one available on the market currently

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brandon, we share similarities with you. We were also seeking the voltage 3970 until we clicked on the link for the new 2018 Cyclone 4005. We were able to view one in person over the weekend...I have a question for you. What do you think about the floor support structure in the living area? Does your floor in the living area compress as if the subfloor is not attached to the floor joists? In the unit that we walked, it seemed as if the floor wanted to move more than I am use to seeing in an RV. For example, what we experienced is when you step on the floor next to the couch in front of the sink, you can actually see the couch move with the floor. Can you give feedback on the unit you have to possibly let me know if there may be a defect in the unit that I walked.

Thanks

I have the same issue...just got used to it I guess. We had a Dynamax before this and the floor flexed a little so I figured it was normal.

MagnoliaTom

I’m looking at this model and have a couple questions for those that own them.

Does the garage area come with its own table?

Do either of the couches fold out into beds?

Is there only one black tank with a 40 gallon capacity?

Thanks

ricatic

I’m looking at this model and have a couple questions for those that own them.

Does the garage area come with its own table? I think you use the same table from the front...don't know for sure as I deleted the front table mounts and evidently that deletes the table as well

Do either of the couches fold out into beds? No

Is there only one black tank with a 40 gallon capacity? There are two tanks for both black and grey...the front grey tank that accesses/ drains from the front sewer compartment holds the bathtub/lav only...the front black tank is for the main bath toilet only...the rear grey tank holds the kitchen drain, the outside kitchen sink and back lav...thr rear black tank is for the rear toilet.

It has been reported that not all 4005's are set up the same as far as drain pull handles...you will have to try yours to discover which drain pull in either compartment drains which tank

Overall, we are happy with our 4005...a few items have needed minor adjustments and experience told me to re-nail all the trim...The floor plan makes for excellent "most of the time living" ...we lived in ours from mid July to early November...

Regards

Thanks

see notes above in red

I too am look ing at the 4005. My main question/concern is power outlets in the kitchen? Where are they? lots of counter space but I'm sure not seeing outlets for coffee makers, rice cookers,crock pots etc. These are items that commonly have really short cord so outlets need to be on same level as the appliance. On Heartlands site you can do a 360 tour. not one outlet visible on the kitchen counters or walls.
Any help is appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I too am look ing at the 4005. My main question/concern is power outlets in the kitchen? Where are they? lots of counter space but I'm sure not seeing outlets for coffee makers, rice cookers,crock pots etc. These are items that commonly have really short cord so outlets need to be on same level as the appliance. On Heartlands site you can do a 360 tour. not one outlet visible on the kitchen counters or walls.
Any help is appreciated.
Kitchen receptacles are usually found under the cabinets. You will need to look up under.

Peace
Dave

jmarnell

Any help is appreciated.

There aren't as many outlets as we would prefer, but they are there. One is under the upper cabinets above the tile backsplash on the back wall near the window, one is below the end of the countertop near the garage door, and another is below the countertop behind the sink. Not the most convenient locations, but we have no problem plugging in the coffeemaker and toaster. There are also usb outlets for electronics on the back wall.

emery395

Getting our 4005 ready for first stay and was surprised to find rough chip board under mattress. Wondering if this is normal or did someone forget to add paneling like was put on half the bed platform

Attachments

• 1C9233D3-AFDE-4068-9B31-56266FBC3B2A.jpg
    1C9233D3-AFDE-4068-9B31-56266FBC3B2A.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 42

danemayer

Getting our 4005 ready for first stay and was surprised to find rough chip board under mattress. Wondering if this is normal or did someone forget to add paneling like was put on half the bed platform
That's the standard. Many of us have put down stick-on tile to make it easier to slide the mattress when it's time to change the sheets.

Attachments

• RV Bed Tile and lift.jpg
    RV Bed Tile and lift.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 56