Wiring for rear vision camera

CoveredWagon

Does anyone know if the 2017 Bighorn 3270 RS models come pre wired for rear vision cameras?

Many thanks,

Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I believe they are coming pre wired with a power wire only. Most of us are using the Furrion wireless camera
They change things all the time so who knows what they are doing these days.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
If there is a mounting box with a plate covering the camera slot, then the power wire is behind the plate. There may be a loose wire behind that same light for the camera, but you would have to pull the light off the skin of the trailer. In the case of my rig, I had to jump power off of the center marker light.

'Lil Guy'

My 16 BH3270 came with the Furrion mount, pre wired in the back. Just buy the camera(high speed) and tie in the wires. Remove cover plate and wires are there with wire nuts on them. Camera screws to the mounting plate. Hope this helps.

kab449

I had remove the enclosure for the Furrion camera Heartland installed because I installed the camera system that came with my 2017 F250 Super Duty. When I removed it there were no power wires. The clearance light could be tapped but then you would have to run with your lights on.

e

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had remove the enclosure for the Furrion camera Heartland installed because I installed the camera system that came with my 2017 F250 Super Duty. When I removed it there were no power wires. The clearance light could be tapped but then you would have to run with your lights on.

e

There was not a little RCA looking jack? Maybe behind the rubber gasket?
3d925cf21092b7f3ffbf5e4f9151e47a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kab449

There was not a little RCA looking jack? Maybe behind the rubber gasket?
3d925cf21092b7f3ffbf5e4f9151e47a.jpg

There was only the enclosure with a plate over the area where the camera would be installed. My nephew had the same thing on his Grand Design. It was made for the Furrion Wireless Camera system. Not hard wired.

TravelTiger

There was only the enclosure with a plate over the area where the camera would be installed. My nephew had the same thing on his Grand Design. It was made for the Furrion Wireless Camera system. Not hard wired.

Correct, when you remove the plate for the camera, this connector should be there, it is for the Furrion camera. If not, maybe remove the entire mount. There should be a hole in the rear cap and this connection.

TxRoadWarrior362

Remember to install the fuse at the fuse panel to power up the camera. I checked my hot with a test light and had no power. I Tied into the clearance lights, and then was told about the missing fuse.

felt pretty stupid!

kab449

Correct, when you remove the plate for the camera, this connector should be there, it is for the Furrion camera. If not, maybe remove the entire mount. There should be a hole in the rear cap and this connection.

I did remove the complete enclosure/no wire. My model is a 2017. Maybe they discontinued or there is an option for a hard wired camera not on my unit.
This is Ford Camera:

Attachments

• BU Camera.jpg
    BU Camera.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 116

TravelTiger

That seems odd, as it had the housing for the camera. I thought this was standard on LM, BH, BC, OM, GW.

JMP

Remember to install the fuse at the fuse panel to power up the camera. I checked my hot with a test light and had no power. I Tied into the clearance lights, and then was told about the missing fuse.

felt pretty stupid!

Where is the fuse panel for the camera fuse typically located?

CoveredWagon

Its probably wired with backup lights. Correct ?

RoadJunkie

From what I have able to determine (through normal channels, factory and forum), is that any existence of a factory installed fuse to source power to the Furrion camera prep is a legend comparable to that of the unicorn. Oh, there are tales of such a fuse existing, some have even said they have put their hands on such. But, like the unicorn, no picture has been produced, only anecdotal evidence has been bantered about. I have looked high and low for such a fuse, even thought I saw a leprechaun once, but alas, no camera fuse. My inquiry to the factory ended with this response:

[FONT=&quot] I was confirmed today, the camera is wired in to the rear interior overhead lights, meaning the camera will be on all the time. There is no switch, by pulling a fuse for these lights, would also cut power to the camera.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Terry Hayes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]West Coast Service[/FONT]

I am researching a remote power switch that may be small enough to house in the actual Furrion camera mount. This would help to avoid trying to find the wiring inside the coach that powers the camera.

SNOKING

From what I have able to determine (through normal channels, factory and forum), is that any existence of a factory installed fuse to source power to the Furrion camera prep is a legend comparable to that of the unicorn. Oh, there are tales of such a fuse existing, some have even said they have put their hands on such. But, like the unicorn, no picture has been produced, only anecdotal evidence has been bantered about. I have looked high and low for such a fuse, even thought I saw a leprechaun once, but alas, no camera fuse. My inquiry to the factory ended with this response:

I was confirmed today, the camera is wired in to the rear interior overhead lights, meaning the camera will be on all the time. There is no switch, by pulling a fuse for these lights, would also cut power to the camera.
Thank you,

Terry Hayes
West Coast Service

I am researching a remote power switch that may be small enough to house in the actual Furrion camera mount. This would help to avoid trying to find the wiring inside the coach that powers the camera.

Our early 2017 BH3575 gets it's camera power from the non door side sconce light. I installed an extra switch in the sconce base to turn off the camera when parked for long periods.

TravelTiger

Our early 2017 BH3575 gets it's camera power from the non door side sconce light. I installed an extra switch in the sconce base to turn off the camera when parked for long periods.

Since we have a rear entertainment center with no window, also no sconces. Not sure where ours gets power. But I'm ok with the little blue light on back there, since we park the truck behind us. Someone can think it's a security cam. ;)

kab449

How hard was it to fish the Ford wire harness up there to that area ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It was pretty easy. You have to remove the underbelly at the base of the rear cap. Also remove the clearance light at the passenger side at the top of the cap. I used a wire fish to connect the 2 and attached the cable assembly to the fish and pulled. Then you have to remove the center clearance light closest to the place you will drill a hole to bring the wiring harness to camera connector through the rear cap.
To complete the run to the front, I removed the belly cover fasteners 6' at a time and tucked the cable assembly inside. At the front, I brought it into the pass through basement and then into the front storage.
At this point it gets harder to fish it to the pin through the overhang. I didn't have to remove the fasteners from the bottom cover to get enough of clearance but it was tight. My connection to the truck for the camera and The tire pressure monitor is inside the box at the rear drivers side.