2016 Big Country Intertek fireplace 26" LED fireplace

damailman

Greetings folks,
I'm a new owner of a 2016 Big Country 3450TS and have a question regarding the Intertek fireplace model #EF

jimtoo

Hi damailman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our members will be able to help you with questions. We also have a really good bunch of information listed under the "Tools" tab at top of page.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

1st, welcome to the HL forum and congrats on your new BC. All you need to do is ask a question and people here will jump to your assistance. I don't know your question but, there is a manual in your papers that comes with a new rig. You should dig it out. Youi should have one dedicated to each appliance and product used in your model. Again, you said you had a question but forgot to ask it.
If you belonged to the HOC (which you are eligible for) and attend a rally, you'd have Heartlanders jumping over each other to assist you in any way they could. Better check it out. Later, have a great day and hope to meet you down the road.

damailman

Appreciate the welcome. For some reason my first post wasn't complete. The fireplace in my coach is an Intertek model EF-30B. The documentation doesn't go into a lot of detail in the troubleshooting department. The fan on mine doesn't seem to be working and the heating coil shuts off on the overheat protection. I looked in the tools section and didn't see anything on this model. My question was this: Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement? Should I go with another Intertek model or is another brand better?

Thanks again

mlpeloquin

You can call Heartland and ask for the parts department an have your VIN number. They can tell you the model, company, etc.. Anything with the same dimensions will fit, but early deaths of some equipment does happen and it does not necessarily mean that the product overall isn't good. Replacing it with the same one would be easy. Heartland's prices are not bad, but if it is not under warranty, the shipping can be a killer. They are used to providing a quick turnaround for dealers on warranty issues and seem to only use one or two day shipping. If in stock, you will get it quick though!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
2016 Big Country Intertek fireplace 26" LED fireplace

Appreciate the welcome. For some reason my first post wasn't complete. The fireplace in my coach is an Intertek model EF-30B. The documentation doesn't go into a lot of detail in the troubleshooting department. The fan on mine doesn't seem to be working and the heating coil shuts off on the overheat protection. I looked in the tools section and didn't see anything on this model. My question was this: Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement? Should I go with another Intertek model or is another brand better?

Thanks again

There have been some other failures of fireplaces, but not necessarily the same brand/model.

You didn't say when you purchased your 2016. Is it out of warranty? Do call Heartland, and before asking to buy, ask if there have been other failures of this model. Maybe they can consider replacing it under warranty, even if slightly out of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damailman

Thanks for the advice on calling Heartland direct. I will be sure to do that. We purchased the coach in April 2016 and so far have been extremely happy overall. I also look forward to tapping into the vast experience and knowledge base available from the members.

Thanks once again

TravelTiger

Thanks for the advice on calling Heartland direct. I will be sure to do that. We purchased the coach in April 2016 and so far have been extremely happy overall. I also look forward to tapping into the vast experience and knowledge base available from the members.

Thanks once again

If you bought in April 2016 you should be covered under the 1 year Heartland warranty. They will need your VIN and a picture of the fireplace, if you want them to send direct to you.

damailman

I realize it's been awhile since I originally posted my questions regarding my fireplace issues. I ended up getting a new replacement Intertek fireplace from Heartland via La Mesa RV. Picked it up and installed it and now we're good to go. I try to do as many repairs/fixes as I can without having to take the coach to the dealer service department and wait for a period of time for things to get done.

Thanks again everyone

TravelTiger

I realize it's been awhile since I originally posted my questions regarding my fireplace issues. I ended up getting a new replacement Intertek fireplace from Heartland via La Mesa RV. Picked it up and installed it and now we're good to go. I try to do as many repairs/fixes as I can without having to take the coach to the dealer service department and wait for a period of time for things to get done.

Thanks again everyone

Good to hear!

I have since learned that "Intertek" is not a brand but a safety inspection company, much like "UL".

The Distributor for the fireplace is likely David Carter & Associates.

JEllison

We have a 2015 Big Horn with the Intertek fireplace 26" and would like to clean the glass. Have the book that came with the home but it doesn't tell you how to clean the glass on the inside. Any suggestions?:confused: Went to the tools there was no help .

TravelTiger

We have a 2015 Big Horn with the Intertek fireplace 26" and would like to clean the glass. Have the book that came with the home but it doesn't tell you how to clean the glass on the inside. Any suggestions?:confused: Went to the tools there was no help .

The back of the fireplace says "Warning! Risk of Electric Shock! Do not open! No user-serviceable parts inside!"

Here's it removed from the mount in our Big Country.

IMG_1411.jpg

So I would assume you cannot clean the glass.

Erika