New User Guide - Fresh Water Tank Fills by Itself

Lynn1130

Thanks Dan. There are so many of these questions that come up two or three times a week and it is good to see them addressed this way.

BigGuy82

I just replaced my Anderson valve cartridge after only 60 or so nights on the road. In my opinion, these things are extremely "delicate" - I've had experience with them from previous coaches and I also read the threads on this forum.

Some suggestions: first, don't ever move the valve while the water pressure is on. I know - shouldn't matter, but these things are delicate. Just look at the O-rings. Second, carry a spare - you'll need it.

I'm not sure if there is anything better out there, but if you have a spare cartridge, it will never be a problem. They are very easy to change.

Thanks so much for creating this guide!
My 2015 Cyclone has just started having this problem.
After returning from a trip I drained the fresh water tank.
The next day i hooked up to our house water putting the Anderson valve on City.
Water starts trickling out of the fresh water drain!
Now I know what to do.
Thanks again.

TimN

Hey, everybody...I have learned that the Heartland folks sell a repair kit for about $150. I didn’t recall seeing that mentioned (it *has* been three years, after all, since the document was created), and the various companies at the other end of the provided links indicate they no longer have access to the original valve. The biggest difference I can see is the use of brass fittings rather than plastic. That leaves me wondering how the plastic connectors will feel about being joined to brass.

a7fa6b5e-221f-46aa-bd2a-f757afc69a10

Tim Nichols

danemayer

Hey, everybody...I have learned that the Heartland folks sell a repair kit for about $150. I didn’t recall seeing that mentioned (it *has* been three years, after all, since the document was created), and the various companies at the other end of the provided links indicate they no longer have access to the original valve. The biggest difference I can see is the use of brass fittings rather than plastic. That leaves me wondering how the plastic connectors will feel about being joined to brass.

a7fa6b5e-221f-46aa-bd2a-f757afc69a10

Tim Nichols

If the $150 is for the all brass retrofit Anderson Valve, that's the way to go. The latest information on the 4-way valve is the first document in the HUG - Heartland User Guide folder, Anderson Valve Replacement Parts Advisory, here. Plastic to brass shouldn't cause you any problems, but if you want brass fittings connected to brass, you can shop the internet - they're out there.

danemayer

what is the part number for the 4 way valve repair kit?

I don't see the repair kit online anywhere any longer. You may have to purchase the retrofit all-brass valve assembly. Anderson may have concluded that replacing the plastic/rubber parts with more of the same wasn't a satisfactory long-term fix. Looks like ABCORV.com has a 4 week lead time on orders, so you might shop Amazon or other online outlets. The price may be a bit higher, but if you have to fix it now, that may be the best approach.

NYSUPstater

I noticed over this past w/e that water was going into the fresh tank even tho we were on city connection. Only way I was aware of it was because the fresh tank valve was open to drain it. Figured it best to keep it open and go from. there. Now my question is, can I winterize the system w/o dumping anti-freeze onto the ground via fresh tank? Have the original Anderson 4-Way valve that came w/ the coach when it was made in Apr/May of '17.Things worked fine on the 3 previous trips we took with last one being dry camping. Before I switched from on board water to city, I opened a faucet to relieve pressure, then switched the valve to city.

TIA.

david-steph2018

Our Road Warrior is a 2018, the Anderson valve went out on us in Utah in June. I had to replace with the new brass style Anderson valve. But you should be able to use it winterize still. Switch it to "winterize" position and use the pick-up tube. If it is only the Anderson valve bad, you should be okay. But if it is a back-flow preventer gone bad you may send anti-freeze into the fresh tank.
If planning on replacing the Anderson valve, order it now, last, I seen was a 6 week wait time for a new one.