Stair railing

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
We have a BC 3510RL.

Wife has some mobility issues on stairs, so I "invented" an assist rail.

Got a bronze colored "grab bar", like you'd put outside a bath tub, etc. 18" long.

Mounted it on a 1/4" board, bolted through the wall (into the laundry space), and backed it up on the other side with another 1/4" board and large washers.

Works like a champ, and looks "factory original". (Except I need to trim the bolts on the backer board)

Please hold your applause.

Rail.jpg

Backer.jpg

rhodies1

We have a BC 3510RL.

Got a bronze colored "grab bar", like you'd put outside a bath tub, etc. 18" long.

Mounted it on a 1/4" board, bolted through the wall (into the laundry space), and backed it up on the other side with another 1/4" board and large washers.

Works like a champ, and looks "factory original". (Except I need to trim the bolts on the backer board)

View attachment 49841

View attachment 49840

good looking job,I have a BH 3455 and installed the same set up,I made a double wooden handle ,using the single as a template,works well and very stable.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a BC 3510RL.

View attachment 49841

View attachment 49840

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk