EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IL, Utica - 8/4/2017 to 8/6/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
David,

There should be sites available, I will be calling the campground in the morning and will let you know.

Lane

I checked with the campground and there are still plenty of sites available for the Illinois Rally-

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Well Paul and Elaine,,, as of now we will plan on arriving Friday,,,, we will chase Ken and Kathy in the right direction... look forward to seeing everyone... well almost...;)

Mike & Suzanne Markus

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The Hershbergers will be at the Rally. Arriving 7/31/2017 and Departing 8/7/2017.

Lane

Looking forward to meeting you Terry & Carol--I will add you to the list--

Last edited:

Lane

We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join us at the 2017 Illinois Rally at Hickory Hollow Campground in Utica, August 4[SUP]th - [/SUP]6[SUP]th[/SUP]. Sites are still available, but our group sites will only be reserved until 6/18/17. After that, we cannot guarantee that a site will be available as Hickory Hollow is a popular campground that fills up quickly. Unfortunately, this will be the final season for Hickory Hollow as the owner has sold the property to a sand company. However,the campground is operating with business as usual through the 2017 camping season. We think you all would enjoy this campground and the surrounding area. Nearby scenic Starved Rock State Park is one of the most popular state parks in Illinois. The surrounding Utica/LaSalle/Ottawa community is full of friendly folk and historical attractions, interesting shops and good food.

If you decide to join us for the Illinois Rally, please contact Hickory Hollow Campground at 815-667-4996 as soon as possible to reserve your site. We hope to see you in August!

http://hickoryhollowcg.com/
http://www.enjoylasallecounty.com/

jrabelson

We have made reservations at Hickory Hollow for the rally. We will be arriving on the 3rd. Please add us to your list.
Vic & Diana Abelson, Minnesota Heartlanders

Lane

Looks like we have a great group of Heartland Members attending the Illinois Rally. I have updated the list, if your name is not on the list let me know.
We have the agenda just about done including a trip on the I&M Canal Boat and a chance to fly RC Airplanes. Along with food and time to enjoy the area.

If you would like to join us, call the campground as soon a possible for reservations. this campground is expected to be full for the weekend.

Lane

Hello to all who've signed up to participate in the 2017 Illinois HOC Rally in Utica. We've been working on an agenda - Here are the highlights:

Thursday, August 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]: Pre-Rally outing at a local restaurant (to be determined).

Friday, August 4[SUP]th [/SUP]:Donuts at 7 A.M.;
At 9 AM, Outing to a local flying field at Mattheissen State Park for those interested in a short demonstration of RC airplane flying and a “try to fly”opportunity using a buddy box system. This demo is courtesy of HOC member Jeff Gittleman.
Friday afternoon: On your own for lunch, local sites, or sampling/tasting at August Hill Winery.
Friday evening: Campfire,snacks

Saturday, August 5[SUP]th[/SUP]:Leave at 9 AM for the 10 AM, guided mule pulled boat ride down the historic I & M Canal. Heartland Owner's Club will be paying for a portion of the cost of the tickets, but we will need participants to pay $10 each for this ride. We will need a head count of those who plan to participate in this activity by Thursday, July 27[SUP]th[/SUP].Currently we have tickets reserved for each of you who have signed up for the rally, but of course, participation is optional. You may pay us at the rally.

Saturday Evening: Potluck,Meat will be provided, Attendance prizes

Sunday morning: Farewells

Can't wait to see you there!

Paul & Elaine Schmidt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.