Ultra-Lite Electric Stabilizers versus Manual

Ordering my trailer Saturday and they are including the Ultra Lite Electric Stabilizers. It is a T31 Torque Toy Hauler TT. My previous trailer had manual jacks, I found them to be a pain.

If they were included with the trailer (Jacks or flat screen tv ) would you choose the jacks? Are they junk?

Lastly, as I have never used them before. When on unlevel ground are they a pain to block and stabilize properly because you cannot torque one side over the other?

Thanks for all the help!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The Ultra Lite Stabilizers are self leveling. Meaning that on uneven ground all you need to do is run them down and they will take care of the rest. One side makes ground contact then waits for the other to ground then the move in unison.
Read about it HERE.

Peace
Dave

Domi

We have them on our NorthTrail so I am not sure if they are the same or not. We have liked them a lot and they work well on uneven ground as stated. You will want to remember they are just for stablization and not leveling. I think you could burn the motors our if you tried to put to much torque on them. We have found that the braces between the wheels give a much needed help to the stablization.

We did have an issue with one motor shorting out (it is a 2011 trailer). I took the motor apart and found that it had rusted inside. There are a number of threads on here about that. I ended up buying a new motor as I could not get it put back together so it would work at all. The new motors look like they seal better but I still wrapped them in water proof tabpe where the wire comes in and at the end of the boot to keep water from getting in and rusting them. Will not know if that makes a difference for years so you can decide.

Like I said we love them and would rather have them than the manual ones.

John