Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a 2018 Big Country

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Ordered a 2018 Big Country

I bought my 2015 in early May 2014 off the lot! Who knows when the dealership received it. But the couch cushion was worn out from people looking at the RV on the lot and sitting on that seat.

2015 Big Country 3950FB
    2016 Ram Longhorn 3500

2. Print this Post   #12

Our 2018 Big Country was delivered to the dealer this week and we got to do our first walk through today. We'll be going back another time for the PDI because the dealer still needs to install the washer/dryer.

From what I could see, there was no Correct Trac, but the ceiling has definetly been redone. They reducted the a/c system and added multiple air returns for better flow. I still got the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen, and they added USB plugs throughout to include next to the theater chairs and on both sides of the bed (right next to the shelves under the windows). I also noticed the electric 50amp cord real is a forced option now. No other major changes that I noticed, but I'm sure I'll see more when I get more time in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Print this Post   #13

Quote Originally Posted by NYSUPstater View Post
    Congrats on the new order!!!! We should be doing the same in a few weeks w/ a 3560SS, but was unaware of the dropping of the Correct Track. Costs savings?? Likewise as well, were told of a slight price increase if ordered after "X" date, which is ok cuz that's just how it's gonna work out for us. Seems that mfrs do add/delete items each model year much to our chagrin. Plus, don't get the next calendar year model's being out in Feb. Seems they ought to go to at least May/June before the changeover.
    This is pretty standard in the industry. Actually there normally are 2 models in a given year. An early lets say 2017 and a late 2017. To find your units build date the sticker can many times be found under the BR slide near the front cap on the drivers side.

Cheers!

4. Print this Post   #14
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AFMagnum View Post
    Our 2018 Big Country was delivered to the dealer this week and we got to do our first walk through today. We'll be going back another time for the PDI because the dealer still needs to install the washer/dryer.

From what I could see, there was no Correct Trac, but the ceiling has definetly been redone. They reducted the a/c system and added multiple air returns for better flow. I still got the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen, and they added USB plugs throughout to include next to the theater chairs and on both sides of the bed (right next to the shelves under the windows). I also noticed the electric 50amp cord real is a forced option now. No other major changes that I noticed, but I'm sure I'll see more when I get more time in it.
    Nice to see the upgrades! It's funny on the USB ports, as those are the exact areas we have "added" our own, in the form of a USB port/plug "station."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2016 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 crew cab, long bed, DRW, 4X4
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

5. Print this Post   #15

Quote Originally Posted by TravelTiger View Post
    Nice to see the upgrades! It's funny on the USB ports, as those are the exact areas we have "added" our own, in the form of a USB port/plug "station."

Yep, it was a good surprise. We were already planning to install USB ports in the same spots too. I can mark that one off the DIY list.
    Last edited by AFMagnum; 03-27-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
    2018 Big Country 4010RD
    2017 F-350 DRW 4x4 CC Lariat 6.7L Deisel

6. Print this Post   #16

Congrats Magnum on your new coach! We just placed our order last week and I asked again about the Correct Trac and was told it's still standard.

BTW, is there a link on "How to post pics" anywheres?

7. Print this Post   #17

Quote Originally Posted by NYSUPstater View Post
    Congrats Magnum on your new coach! We just placed our order last week and I asked again about the Correct Trac and was told it's still standard.

BTW, is there a link on "How to post pics" anywheres?
    Did Heartland tell you that? All the new larger 2018 coaches I saw at the rv show came with MorRyde suspension, and on all coaches I've seen with it, none had the yellow discs of CorrectTrac.

Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    HOC #1733

8. Print this Post   #18

I posed the question to our salesman who in turn (and I assume and you know what they say about assume) asked his factory rep and said yes it is standard along w/ the MorRyde. Went onto say to salesman that I've read/heard that is was either an option or discontinued. Sadly, no local shows around in my parts that have any LM, BH or BC's to ask as well. Will be e-mailing salesman in a day or so about couple other things, and will ask again.

9. Print this Post   #19

Correct Track seemed like a good idea back in 2012 and 2013. And I think it was at the 2013 North American Rally that Lippert was checking the alignment on axles to see if Correct Track could help.

But of the thousands of trailers that shipped with Correct Track, I wonder if even 10 owners ever had their Correct Track alignment checked and adjusted. Over the years when people posted about axle problems, it was often noted that while Correct Track could compensate for one type of problem, it didn't offer a complete set of adjustments to re-align an axle.

Early on, Camping World was the primary venue for getting Correct Track alignment checked. I'd be surprised if you could find more than a handful of locations around the country that can still find their laser alignment gear and know how to use it.

Frankly, I don't think more than a handful of people ever benefited and I'm surprised Heartland didn't delete this feature several years ago.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

10. Print this Post   #20

Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    Correct Track seemed like a good idea back in 2012 and 2013. And I think it was at the 2013 North American Rally that Lippert was checking the alignment on axles to see if Correct Track could help.

But of the thousands of trailers that shipped with Correct Track, I wonder if even 10 owners ever had their Correct Track alignment checked and adjusted. Over the years when people posted about axle problems, it was often noted that while Correct Track could compensate for one type of problem, it didn't offer a complete set of adjustments to re-align an axle.

Early on, Camping World was the primary venue for getting Correct Track alignment checked. I'd be surprised if you could find more than a handful of locations around the country that can still find their laser alignment gear and know how to use it.

Frankly, I don't think more than a handful of people ever benefited and I'm surprised Heartland didn't delete this feature several years ago.
    Lippert's Correct Track seemed to be a way to correct poor alignment of the hangars on frames from the factory (aka Lippert). By marketing Correct Tract as a "feature benefit", they effectively transferred the responsibility of proper alignment to the owner.

Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    HOC #1733

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast