Ordered a 2018 Big Country

AFMagnum

Ordered a Big Country

We dropped our deposit to order a new 2017 Big Country 4010RD this past weekend. We decided to order new since we really want the dual paned windows.

Well, we just got a call from the dealer to inform us we're actually getting a 2018! The price for 2018s went up a little, but they are still honoring our original deal. We get the serial number tomorrow and we're meeting with Tim (Heartland Rep to South Texas) Saturday at the Austin RV show to go over everything and get the expected delivery date. I just hope there haven't been any significant changes on the 2018s we can't live with!

Last edited:
Please post whatever changes were made in 2018.
Looking to possibly ordering a 3560SS at the rally.
I know for a fact that they dropped the Correct Trac system in the last month.
Not happy about that, I added it to my present coach.
I looked at 2 Big Country's (one being a 3560SS) that came into White Sands RV in Summerdale, Alabama last week and neither one had Correct Trac on them.
They arrived at the dealership around 13 February from Heartland.
The earlier ones on the lot did have Correct Trac.
When I brought that fact to attention of the salesperson she called Heartland & was told they had planned to drop it next month, but apparently started a month early.
Hockster

AFMagnum

Re: Ordered a Big Country

When talking to the Heartland rep, they talked about the big difference being the build construction of the roof but I didn't catch all the details. Apparently they changed the roof to allow better airflow for the ducked A/C. He also said the aluminum stairs are standard for the 2018.

I also noticed the 6-point hydraulic leveling is part of the "Elite" package which basically means it's a forced option.

Once I get delivery, I'll be able to get a closer look at things.

Mrz

So are the 2018 units now available? I'm negotiating for a 2017 and maybe I should wait?

AFMagnum

They aren't available on dealer's lots yet, but if you custom order a Big Country, it will be a 2018. Any new RVs ordered by dealers for their lots will be also 2018s. That doesn't change what's currently on dealer's lots though, so you may be able to get an even better deal on a 2017 by using the fact that 2018s will be coming out soon, but all depends on the dealer.

donr827

It seems like February is the month they switch over production year. May not be the same for all models.
Don

NYSUPstater

Congrats on the new order!!!! We should be doing the same in a few weeks w/ a 3560SS, but was unaware of the dropping of the Correct Track. Costs savings?? Likewise as well, were told of a slight price increase if ordered after "X" date, which is ok cuz that's just how it's gonna work out for us. Seems that mfrs do add/delete items each model year much to our chagrin. Plus, don't get the next calendar year model's being out in Feb. Seems they ought to go to at least May/June before the changeover.

farside291

I bought my 2015 in early May 2014 off the lot! Who knows when the dealership received it. But the couch cushion was worn out from people looking at the RV on the lot and sitting on that seat.

AFMagnum

Our 2018 Big Country was delivered to the dealer this week and we got to do our first walk through today. We'll be going back another time for the PDI because the dealer still needs to install the washer/dryer.

From what I could see, there was no Correct Trac, but the ceiling has definetly been redone. They reducted the a/c system and added multiple air returns for better flow. I still got the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen, and they added USB plugs throughout to include next to the theater chairs and on both sides of the bed (right next to the shelves under the windows). I also noticed the electric 50amp cord real is a forced option now. No other major changes that I noticed, but I'm sure I'll see more when I get more time in it.

Attachments

• BigCountry-44.jpg
    BigCountry-44.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 107
  • BigCountry-28.jpg
    BigCountry-28.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 101
  • BigCountry-8.jpg
    BigCountry-8.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 100
  • BigCountry-36.jpg
    BigCountry-36.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 108
  • BigCountry-35.jpg
    BigCountry-35.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 103
Congrats on the new order!!!! We should be doing the same in a few weeks w/ a 3560SS, but was unaware of the dropping of the Correct Track. Costs savings?? Likewise as well, were told of a slight price increase if ordered after "X" date, which is ok cuz that's just how it's gonna work out for us. Seems that mfrs do add/delete items each model year much to our chagrin. Plus, don't get the next calendar year model's being out in Feb. Seems they ought to go to at least May/June before the changeover.

This is pretty standard in the industry. Actually there normally are 2 models in a given year. An early lets say 2017 and a late 2017. To find your units build date the sticker can many times be found under the BR slide near the front cap on the drivers side.

Cheers!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our 2018 Big Country was delivered to the dealer this week and we got to do our first walk through today. We'll be going back another time for the PDI because the dealer still needs to install the washer/dryer.

From what I could see, there was no Correct Trac, but the ceiling has definetly been redone. They reducted the a/c system and added multiple air returns for better flow. I still got the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen, and they added USB plugs throughout to include next to the theater chairs and on both sides of the bed (right next to the shelves under the windows). I also noticed the electric 50amp cord real is a forced option now. No other major changes that I noticed, but I'm sure I'll see more when I get more time in it.

Nice to see the upgrades! It's funny on the USB ports, as those are the exact areas we have "added" our own, in the form of a USB port/plug "station."

6f52b82f164982b9f88981f0353e2f17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFMagnum

Nice to see the upgrades! It's funny on the USB ports, as those are the exact areas we have "added" our own, in the form of a USB port/plug "station."

6f52b82f164982b9f88981f0353e2f17.jpg

Yep, it was a good surprise. We were already planning to install USB ports in the same spots too. I can mark that one off the DIY list.

Last edited:

NYSUPstater

Congrats Magnum on your new coach! We just placed our order last week and I asked again about the Correct Trac and was told it's still standard.

BTW, is there a link on "How to post pics" anywheres?

TravelTiger

Congrats Magnum on your new coach! We just placed our order last week and I asked again about the Correct Trac and was told it's still standard.

BTW, is there a link on "How to post pics" anywheres?

Did Heartland tell you that? All the new larger 2018 coaches I saw at the rv show came with MorRyde suspension, and on all coaches I've seen with it, none had the yellow discs of CorrectTrac.

NYSUPstater

I posed the question to our salesman who in turn (and I assume and you know what they say about assume) asked his factory rep and said yes it is standard along w/ the MorRyde. Went onto say to salesman that I've read/heard that is was either an option or discontinued. Sadly, no local shows around in my parts that have any LM, BH or BC's to ask as well. Will be e-mailing salesman in a day or so about couple other things, and will ask again.

danemayer

Correct Track seemed like a good idea back in 2012 and 2013. And I think it was at the 2013 North American Rally that Lippert was checking the alignment on axles to see if Correct Track could help.

But of the thousands of trailers that shipped with Correct Track, I wonder if even 10 owners ever had their Correct Track alignment checked and adjusted. Over the years when people posted about axle problems, it was often noted that while Correct Track could compensate for one type of problem, it didn't offer a complete set of adjustments to re-align an axle.

Early on, Camping World was the primary venue for getting Correct Track alignment checked. I'd be surprised if you could find more than a handful of locations around the country that can still find their laser alignment gear and know how to use it.

Frankly, I don't think more than a handful of people ever benefited and I'm surprised Heartland didn't delete this feature several years ago.

TravelTiger

Correct Track seemed like a good idea back in 2012 and 2013. And I think it was at the 2013 North American Rally that Lippert was checking the alignment on axles to see if Correct Track could help.

But of the thousands of trailers that shipped with Correct Track, I wonder if even 10 owners ever had their Correct Track alignment checked and adjusted. Over the years when people posted about axle problems, it was often noted that while Correct Track could compensate for one type of problem, it didn't offer a complete set of adjustments to re-align an axle.

Early on, Camping World was the primary venue for getting Correct Track alignment checked. I'd be surprised if you could find more than a handful of locations around the country that can still find their laser alignment gear and know how to use it.

Frankly, I don't think more than a handful of people ever benefited and I'm surprised Heartland didn't delete this feature several years ago.

Lippert's Correct Track seemed to be a way to correct poor alignment of the hangars on frames from the factory (aka Lippert). By marketing Correct Tract as a "feature benefit", they effectively transferred the responsibility of proper alignment to the owner.