Ordered a 2018 Big Country

danemayer

Lippert's Correct Track seemed to be a way to correct poor alignment of the hangars on frames from the factory (aka Lippert). By marketing Correct Tract as a "feature benefit", they effectively transferred the responsibility of proper alignment to the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erika,

I have to disagree with you on this. The issue they were trying to address was about uneven weight distribution loading the springs differently side-to-side. More weight flattens the springs. As the springs flatten, the axles can track out of parallel to the frame and to each other.

It's pretty rare to hear about hangars welded into the wrong position.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Erika,

I have to disagree with you on this. The issue they were trying to address was about uneven weight distribution loading the springs differently side-to-side. More weight flattens the springs. As the springs flatten, the axles can track out of parallel to the frame and to each other.

It's pretty rare to hear about hangars welded into the wrong position.

I seem to recall a number of posts of alignment problems before Correct Track was introduced. Some folks had hangars that were not welded in the same location side to side, some had prematurely flattened springs, some had axles that lost camber without being overweight. All parts from Lippert. My point is that Lippert made the transfer of responsibility to the owner to solve the issue using Correct Track -- which means the owner has to return to an authorized servicer and pay to have it adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Correct Trac added at the 2013 rally.
I was told my axles were out by 1 1/4" when the free inspection was done.
Which I believed to be true because of tire wear.
I spent the money to have it installed and was impressed with results.
The biggest benefit I seen right away was rig towed much better than before installation.
Hard to believe the axles being that far out speaks volumes about quality control at Lippert.
The system does work so I wonder why it was dropped on new BC's as I was told.
I think it should be an option if the customer wants it.
I also had to have the axles bent because of camber issues.
This was done by a Big Rig shop (think 18 wheeler here) in Pontiac, Michigan in 2012.
Something that was also done in Pontiac was they welded 3 3" Channels to tie the frame together above the axles & equalizer.
The shop owner told me they were seeing cracked frames on the big trailers and this would help prevent this from happening.
Interesting to note that MorRyde now offers a bolt on kit to do the same thing.
Happy to say the last 4 years my tires wear evenly now & trailer tows great.
Money well spent.

Hockster