Sundance Travel Trailers

Rosebud3

Hi all,
I'm pretty interested in the Heartland Sundance XLT travel trailers, but I never see any posts about them. All the Sundance posts are about the 5ers. Do they not sell a lot of the TTs? Wondering where all the Sundance TT owners are and what they have to say about them.

danemayer

Hi Rosebud3,

I think Heartland sells more travel trailers than 5th wheels. But it seems like the purchasers of travel trailers and smaller/ultra-light 5th wheels are often younger families who don't frequent the forum as much as those buying the larger 5th wheels. So most of our activity seems to come from a lot of retired folks and those nearing retirement, and they prefer the larger 5th wheels.

MP_CS

Me and my family have a 14 XLT its a fifth wheel but build quality is same. I'm very happy with it thus far. Its very much on par if not nicer quality than its competition. Its not a luxury trailer but you're also not paying for that. I would definitely recommend them, also look at the north trail line.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Me and my family have a 14 XLT its a fifth wheel but build quality is same. I'm very happy with it thus far. Its very much on par if not nicer quality than its competition. Its not a luxury trailer but you're also not paying for that. I would definitely recommend them, also look at the north trail line.

We bought our 2nd North Trail after strongly comparing to Sundance. The final decision came down to a couple of options that we ordered on the North Trail that could not be added to the Sundance. Otherwise, the Sundance and North Trail lines seem to be nearly interchangeable and is probably due to dealer proximity more than anything else.

Rosebud3

Thanks for the responses. The North Trails are nice but I like the floor plan of the Sundance 191wb with the sofa instead of the dinette. And it's also a few feet shorter than the smallest North Trail. The North Trail does seem to have a few more amenities that I wish were available on the Sundance.

This is an older post, but I am new to the forum. We just bought a Sundance XLT TT a few months ago. If you still have questions let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric3M

New Sundance XLT 281DB, T. T.

Took delivery of this 2018 trailer on 8/11/17, 10 days after promised. Took it to our favorite RV park in Truckee, CA. Went through trailer and made a punch list of items that needed attention: Outside frig not working, HOLE in side of TT due to mounting screw from shower assist handle installed, power awning not working correctly, many pieces of molding either not attached or not mounted correctly, power outlet not working, light strip in cabinet hanging down, shower wall buckling and not attached to wall and tv on swivel wall not mounted correctly and couldn’t slide bedroom door open when tv was swiveled to bedroom (safety issue).

We have had many problems with both the TT and our dealer, LaMesa. We had an appointment to take it back for body work and to take care of punch list. They kept our TT for four weeks to get things done. This experience has been a nightmare. It is like there is no QC at the factory, not to mention the dealer.

Anybody else experiencing problems like this with a Heartland product? Sorry for the rant, just very frustrated.