Landmark Louisville....almost here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWesdorp

Hello everyone! See new updated thread here.

I just had a large post about the new Louisville ready to post to the forum and then my computer crashed and I lost everything...so, short and sweet before it crashes again--here is the new Louisville floor plan!
phoca_thumb_m_lm_louisville.png

This is now live on the website too.

Before I get to the highlights, let me please say that we truly took our time on this unit. It was very important to "nail it" as a true short luxury fifth wheel floor plan that wasn't just a shrunken version of a successful larger luxury fiver. After 14 years of selling high-end fifth wheels, I can tell you that route doesn't work. This finished Louisville is a real unique-to-market piece that is not just "Honey I shrunk the RV".

Here we go--the fun stuff:
1. 37'6'' long, weight TBD.
2. MOR/ryde entry step. If you haven't seen it, go to their web site. Rock solid.
3. Walk-in closet. Fantastic hanging space. Industry first for luxury fivers.
4. Slide-in-slide bed (queen only) w/ a bed-lift mechanism that'll incline the head of the mattress and allow for 56'' of floor space between the foot of the bed and the dresser! A ballroom dance floor!
5. 54'' shower--all current LM showers are 48'' wide or angled (Orlando).
6. Tons of counter top space in the kitchen! Look at it all. I think Bob our engineer did a fantastic job with the kitchen. Most "shorties" really sacrifice here but he nailed it.
7. Massive pantry next to the theater seating. Floor to ceiling pantry for plenty of big and small items.
8. A new style booth dinette/sofa hybrid in the rear. Remember that forum poll we did last fall about whether or not you needed a table and 4 chairs? This is the result of your feedback. The table will swivel in all directions.
9. 40'' outside TV under the main awning, next to the main basement storage, not in the main basement.
10. Full depth dresser in bedroom. All drawers will be 22'' deep!

That's it for now everyone. We hope to run the prototype in late March/early April and start production in May. I'm sorry for the delays but I think they'll prove worth the wait.

Thank you all for your patience and for any (constructive please) feedback. Have a great afternoon,
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Andy, will a prototype be ready to show in Goshen? That would be great!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Andy, will a prototype be ready to show in Goshen? That would be great!

Wow!

Lots of great features, and some I'll definitely have to see in person. Hope you have it ready for Goshen, that would be awesome!

Oregon_Camper

Did you not see it? When viewing the forum on the website, it's inline with the text.

View attachment 50249

Erika

I can see your image, but still nothing at the top of this post...just the same black image from before. And your image is missing the slide out on front left (drivers side) that is shown in the black image and the slide-in-slide is missing from drivers side, rear section.
Capture.jpg

Mike-n-Justina

Can't wait to see it in person. Hopefully at Goshen.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to (2) slides in slides? I only see 1 in this drawing layout

Oregon_Camper

Wondering why the bed slide is on the door side? Seems like a design error IMHO. This will force people to walk around the slide every time they go to car...want something from basement..or just walking out of camp. Also takes away great seating outdoors, under awning (from rain or for shade). For those that need the concrete pad to walk on (using cane..walker...etc) this will again force them to possibly walk on grass/dirt.

Now...love the wrap-a-round dinette and WOW look at all that space at the end of the bed....sooo nice!!!! And a walk in closet...that is awesome!!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Because of the slide-in-a-slide bed coming out the door-side of the coach, will there still be room for the awning?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how about making that a pocket door between the bedroom and the bathroom.

Mike-n-Justina

I bet the awning will be really short. We like a big awning to sit under in the sun or rain. Maybe bedroom slide should be on opposite side. I don't like the idea of the big slide taking up our entertaining area. I like the walk in closet and the new couch/table concept.
Mark,
I like the pocket door idea.

Last edited:

Kbvols

Golf umbrellas replace the awning. Pretty much all you will see looking up the steps is the bed. I don't believe I would like that much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Thank you all for your patience and for any (constructive please) feedback. Have a great afternoon.
Andy

OK...You asked for it. :cool:

I've updated the floor-plan a bit, with a complete 180 from the stairs to the front of the coach. I feel this makes for a cleaner look from the "camp side" of the coach. I am not a fan of the bed coming out into the "camp side" of the campground.

I also moved the sink back to the island, as that is where the food will be prepped and dishes naturally go there. (IMHO of course)

By moving the bed to the driver’s side, this really opens up the door side of the coach for a big awning for shade and to keep me dry during our PNW "liquid sun" days.

Finally, I moved the outside TV forward a bit, to line up with the TV in the bedroom. This is my idea/effort to bring cabling together.

** This is not a real layout....Just one I created for fun **

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Chippendale

I agree with Oregon Camper as to the bed room. But I would go further, I would flip the refrigerator with the range top so that when traveling the refrigerator could be accessed without opening the slide. Put the pantry where he shows cabinets and move the sink to the island as he suggests. When my wife was alive, she would always sit or lay on the sofa to watch TV in our SOB and I would sit in one of the recliners, while the other one would be full of “stuff”, we didn't need or ever use two recliners. I would like a normal sofa, one recliner, a normal table with 2 chairs, maybe expandable to one with 4 chairs.There is no way I would purchase a luxury trailer with a booth in it; I am too old to want to have to slide around a table in a booth.By replacing the end booth with a normal size sofa, you might be able to shorten the trailer by a foot or two which would be a plus for me. Sorry, but I think right now, my $’s would go to a Big Horn 3160 Elite instead of the Louisville.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My two cents.....
Just my honest opinion....

Having a bedroom slide on the camp side is bad enough but having a slide in a slide in that area world be horrible.
It would always be in the way of everything thing you do.
Trying to get everything in and out of the basement.
Trying to BBQ in your camp site.
No more setting up camp under the awning.
No more having party's at your sight because there would be no room.
You would need to hand out hard hats to your guests.

Andy I'm sorry for only seeing the major negative in this floor plan

That's what jumped out at me when I first saw the picture on my phone.
When I get time I will look at the rest of it...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I've updated the floor-plan a bit, with a complete 180 from the stairs to the front of the coach. I feel this makes for a cleaner look from the "camp side" of the coach. I am not a fan of the bed coming out into the "camp side" of the campground.

I also moved the sink back to the island, as that is where the food will be prepped and dishes naturally go there. (IMHO of course)

By moving the bed to the driver’s side, this really opens up the door side of the coach for a big awning for shade and to keep me dry during our PNW "liquid sun" days.

Finally, I moved the outside TV forward a bit, to line up with the TV in the bedroom. This is my idea/effort to bring cabling together.

View attachment 50257

Wow! A closet in a fifth wheel that you do not have to push the hangers sideways to close the doors! This layout is great so long as there is enough storage inside. We never thought we would use most of our overhead storage in our Big Horn, but we have.

SNOKING

I agree with Oregon Camper as to the bed room. But I would go further, I would flip the refrigerator with the range top so that when traveling the refrigerator could be accessed without opening the slide. Put the pantry where he shows cabinets and move the sink to the island as he suggests. When my wife was alive, she would always sit or lay on the sofa to watch TV in our SOB and I would sit in one of the recliners, while the other one would be full of “stuff”, we didn't need or ever use two recliners. I would like a normal sofa, one recliner, a normal table with 2 chairs, maybe expandable to one with 4 chairs.There is no way I would purchase a luxury trailer with a booth in it; I am too old to want to have to slide around a table in a booth.By replacing the end booth with a normal size sofa, you might be able to shorten the trailer by a foot or two which would be a plus for me. Sorry, but I think right now, my $’s would go to a Big Horn 3160 Elite instead of the Louisville.

"I would flip the refrigerator with the range top so that when traveling the refrigerator could be accessed without opening the slide. "

^^^^ what he said ^^^^!

And we will keep our BH3575el!

Chris

BusManRG

View attachment 50257

Boy are you going to give salespeople a headache when buyers walk in and say, "I want this one!" What I see on the real schematic is a unit designed by folks that don't RV themselves. Possibly a beauty, but not practical for most of us.

Sandy

danemayer

View attachment 50257
Would you have to push the slide to get to the bathroom?

Oregon_Camper

Would you have to push the slide to get to the bathroom?
LOL.... I can only do so much using PowerPoint. If I had actual CAD files...I'd make it work.

But here is my attempt to answer that issue. A simple angled staircase down into the kitchen. If you trust the drawing is to scale, it might not have to even be that much of an angled staircase. See the image with kitchen slide in and angled staircase solution implemented. (Hey..Heartland, can I retire and just build RV floor plans part time for you?? This is crazy fun!!!)

** This is not a real layout....Just one I created for fun **

Capture2.jpg

Last edited:

SNOKING

Very little storage in the bathroom. Again I will keep our BH3575el. We have been living in it now for 7 months. I miss the computer desk in out SOB trailer, however overall we love the Bighorn. Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.