Loft Ladder/Patio Door

Sunnygirl

We have a new 3210 with the sliding glass patio door between the living area and the garage. I have to say it's a great option, as it really opens everything up. However, the ladder to the loft rests against the rod that holds the vertical blinds, which has bent and pushed the rod down a good inch, which makes it impossible to open the sliding door without it getting caught up in the blinds. I don't know if this is a design problem or if our curtain rod is just hung in the wrong spot, but it looks more like a design issue to me. Are there any plans to change the ladder design, or has anyone come up with a modification to deal with this?

bigredtruck

I remembered your post when we got our 3210 2 weeks ago. Our ladder isn't quite resting on the rod but I think if someone heavy were to go up the ladder, it might. We are picking it up again tonight from storage so I will check again.

i had to cut the bracket off the top of the ladder and weld a 1 1/2 inch longer bracket on the ladder, works great lots of clearance