APOLLO 1/2 Time Oven - HELP!

geeksrus

Our convection/microwave oven is not working properly. After any of the cycles are complete, the heating element comes on again.

The only way to turn it off is by opening the door or by unplugging the unit. After we have turned it off by either of these methods & then closed the door/re-plugged followed by depressing the RESET button, the element comes back on & won't turn off until you take the action stated above.

Any advise you could offer would be appreciated.

EH!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Man that's weird...all I can suggest is to contact the manufacturer. I would think it is still under warranty.

HappyKayakers

We're also having probs with our Apollo. M/W function works fine but convection and half time don't work anymore. We called the number in the owner's manual even though the factory was only a few hours from us in Florida. Apparently, the place in Elkhart is the sole national RV distributor for Apollo. Anyway, they told us to take it to any small appliance repair shop (we're out of warranty) and tell the repair shop to talk to the Apollo distributor direct for service information.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We have the same problem with our Apollo. You have to unplug it or turn off the circuit breaker and let it sit for a while
It also when cooking the time stops moving and then it will cook forever.
Regards

Wayne

geeksrus

UPDATE:

We replaced the faulty unit with a new Apollo. I only went with an Apollo again as the insurance policy on my rig has a provision for an extra 1 year warranty on appliances without a deduction (the original Apollo croaked 20 days after the rig's warranty expired).

I'm still not convinced that the Apollo product is a quality unit in spite of what Heartland & others on the forum say.

Eh!

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We originally liked the Apollo half time feature so much that when our home Micro died we bought an Apollo over the internet. That was 10 Months ago and it has been back for repair 3 times stopped working and it is not working when we get home from this trip is it going back to the repair shop again, or maybe the scrap pile.
Time will tell.
Regards
Wayne

I would really like to know how many people are having apollo issues. The microwave side on ours quit working and we went through the "we will send you the box ship it to us and we will repair it and send it back to you" deal. Took two weeks and now three weeks later it is doing the same thing again. Started to do a little research and from what I read after putting apollo half time oven search in google, I do not feel that this is a quality piece of equipment. Problem is replacing it with something else that will fit in the same space. If someone knows of one please let me know. Midwest is going to send me another box when they get back from the holiday. Tammy is not the nicest CSR you will deal with.

wdk450

Gang:
Too bad about all of these Apollo microwave oven problems. They used to be pretty good, and had a great service reputation on this forum. There are lots of other convection/microwaves out there (that is all a half time oven is) - here is a link to a bunch of models:
http://products.howstuffworks.com/microwave-convection-oven-reviews.htm
The Apollo is 1100 watts which is more power than most of those on the link above, but you may want to give up some power for brand serviceability/reliability.
The biggest 2 problems you will have in going to one of these substitutes for the built-in Apollo are mating with the cabinet and proper ventillation. The RV Apollo actually has an add-on ventillation blower system that the standard Apollo oven doesn't have. If you can get along with a countertop version, then you could convert the microwave shelf to more storage. You might need the 20 amp wiring that is provided for the Apollo, however.