good discounts on RV related items at Tractor Supply

szewczyk_john

Stopped into my local tractor supply yesterday for a few items. The had all fireplace accessories and portable heaters 30% off. This included many Mr. Heater items. These heaters use the small propane bottles and are an excellent choice to have as an emergency backup to furnace issues. Owners of toy haulers, this is also tone of the better choices for heating that garage that doesn't get that much heat from the duct work. I keep one in the camper and then when the camper goes into storage we use them to heat the house's garage when I'm working in there over the winter. We have used them during power outages as well. All electrical space heaters were on sale also. Most of the times the propane heaters do not clearances like the electrical heaters.

They also had the 20 qt Orca cooler with a camouflage lid on clearance for $100.00. TSC normal price is $299.00 but you could get them for around $250.00 at other places. $100 is a hellva deal for these types of coolers. As someone that dry camps alot, I can tell you that the extreme roto-molded coolers are worth the price as they do a better job of keeping items cooler or frozen. the 20 qt model has the metal handle that folds down and is great for packing a days trip worth of drinks and food. They also had the entire line of Orca tumblers on sale for around 30% off of their normal price. These are the vacuum sealed metal tumblers with lids that will keep ice all day or things hot for long periods of time.

Just wanted to pass along some ideas.

danemayer

Mr. Heater Operating Instructions

I think you'd want to carefully read the operating instructions for the Mr. Heater propane heater before putting it inside your RV. I would take the warnings seriously, and figure out how to get it adequate ventilation and get rid of the carbon monoxide output.

This included many Mr. Heater items. These heaters use the small propane bottles and are an excellent choice to have as an emergency backup to furnace issues.

szewczyk_john

read this the buddy systems are completely safe for RV heating needs. the attached notice warns against using the devices for other purposes but in the notice it actually meets CSA/ANSI standards. There is no issues with using these heaters in doors. In fact if you google ventless propane heaters you will see that there are thousands of models available that are completely safe for indoor usage. This is not new technology either. Mr. Heater started selling these in 2000 with certifications as indoor safe. They burn 99.9% of the propane off so there is not carbon monoxide to worry about. They also have oxygen depletion sensors which will shut them down for lack of oxygen and lastly they all have a tip over protection as well.

I would be worried about it if I lived in a completely air tight space, but that is not the case. Neither my RV nor the garage are airtight spaces. I know many in the RV community and tenters that rely on these as their only form of heat.

- - - Updated - - -

I was also referring to the buddy series of heaters here is the owners manual for the one I have Big Buddy

- - - Updated - - -

This is the manual for the one I have Big Buddy

danemayer

John,

No doubt they're safe if used as directed. But based on what all the linked operating manuals say, to be safe, you must have an open window or roof vent providing both combustion oxygen, and exhaust of carbon monoxide.

szewczyk_john

Orca or Yeti cooler?

ORCA says so right there in the post!! Old age getting to those eyes now? first it was the shoulders and now the eyes? I am going back to pick another one up for the truck, if you need one let me know if your store doesn't have any. They had 3 Saturday afternoon.

I own a pelican, Orca, and Yeti. I like the Orca the best and they tend to run closer to the advertised sizes to. Plus the Orca coolers are 100% made in America.
- - - Updated - - -

John,

No doubt they're safe if used as directed. But based on what all the linked operating manuals say, to be safe, you must have an open window or roof vent providing both combustion oxygen, and exhaust of carbon monoxide.

Ok. I got a little defensive there when I read your post, I'll agree that what you said here about a window or vent being open. it only took me one spring morning with soaked bedding and pillows to learn that when you run any type of heat you need to crack the vents to avoid window condensation from forming.

porthole

Retired
ORCA says so right there in the post!! Old age getting to those eyes now? first it was the shoulders and now the eyes? I am going back to pick another one up for the truck, if you need one let me know if your store doesn't have any. They had 3 Saturday afternoon.

I own a pelican, Orca, and Yeti. I like the Orca the best and they tend to run closer to the advertised sizes to. Plus the Orca coolers are 100% made in America.

Easy there whippersnapper :rolleyes:

Actually for the last 15 years my prescription has gotten better each year.
I figure by the time I can't understand what I am looking at I will have 20/20.

Haven't seen anything Orca around here. Is all Yeti or Engel.

Seen this?

Bogie

I use a space heater in the garage all the time. I know they burn efficiently. But, I still use a CO detector just in case. I would rather be safe than sorry.

You should have a battery operated one if you're boon docking.

Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wdk450

BTW, I am staying in Porterville, Ca. for an extended time, and recently needed to refill my propane tank. The "Cheap" fuels station I go to wanted about $3.25 a gallon for propane. On a hunch, I went to Tractor Supply and got propane for $1.20 a gallon.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
yes I did see that. That guy has never used a hatchet before in his life.

Not too sure about his prowess with a miter saw, either. And what idiot puts plastic anything in a 325 degree oven? At any rate, I use a 30 oz. RTIC cup with a spill proof lid (bought to replace the original) and it holds the cold for a long time. BTW, the replacement lid is polycarbonate.