2017 Bighorn TRaveler 32rs

Noble38

My wife and I just got this new Bighorn Traveler32rs and love it. Only problem is that it was not satellite prep. I am using the tailgater from Dish net. Any help with this would be great. Can I use what is there or do I need too run new RG6 cable. There are 2 connections in the docking station. One must be for cable and the other for satellite. I call Heartland and they told me it was not satellite prep. Maybe he misunderstood me.

noble3

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Noble38,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am sure you will get some info from our other members soon that use that dish.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

My wife and I just got this new Bighorn Traveler32rs and love it. Only problem is that it was not satellite prep. I am using the tailgater from Dish net. Any help with this would be great.

noble3

Hi Noble38,

Can you be more specific about what you need help to do.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Does it have a 2 connections in the docking station ?
I'm sure It is prepped to there just not up to the roof.
Give use some pictures of what you have.

danemayer

Do I need to run new RG6 cable or can I use what is there.

Some trailers come with coax for satellite connections to the living room, and often also to the bedroom. Some do not. If yours doesn't have exterior satellite connections, you'll either have to run some coax through a wall or floor, or use a flat jumper to go through a window.

Satellite connections, if there, are probably in the Universal Docking Center (UDC), along with a coax connector for cable TV. The cable TV connector won't work because it feeds the signal through a signal booster which is not compatible with satellite signals.

Re: 2017 Bighorn 3780FB

How do I connect satellite dish ( Direct TV) to my TV? Direct TV tech came out but says he cant do it. ?? help

Gaffer

Re: 2017 Bighorn 3780FB

How do I connect satellite dish ( Direct TV) to my TV? Direct TV tech came out but says he cant do it. ?? help

Look for this inside your docking center. You should have something similar. I have used tripod mounted Direct (both SD and HD) for many years. PM me if you need more help.
attachment.php