ATF: Landmark - Black Tank Flush

Cholo

The black tank flush on my new Newport does not seem to work. When I connect it, I only get a trickle of water in the 1/2 bath, (have not checked it in the full bath as we don't use it yet). While water does get into the tank, it's very slow. It takes over 20 minutes to fill the tank using the flush, normal?

Thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

In the basement behind the wall you'll find hard Pex lines from the back of the docking station up into the wall of the shower, to the anti backflow valve (that's what I'm calling it today) then from there it will come back down to the basement and switch from a hard Pex line to a soft white hose line. More than likely that hose is smashed or kinked somewhere on the way to the tank.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cholo

In the basement behind the wall you'll find hard Pex lines from the back of the docking station up into the wall of the shower, to the anti backflow valve (that's what I'm calling it today) then from there it will come back down to the basement and switch from a hard Pex line to a soft white hose line. More than likely that hose is smashed or kinked somewhere on the way to the tank.

Thanks. I will check that and post the results.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
- - - Updated - - -

I suggest you also check the flow rate you're putting into the tank flush fitting. It might not be as high as you think. That and the flow restrictions inherent in the plumbing will slow down that tank fill rate. Pressure alone does not tell the whole story.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I will check that and post the results.

Try measuring the actual flow rate going into the inlet. If you know that, you can determine how long it should take to fill the volume of the tank. Pressure alone is not the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

For some reason, when I was trying to edit my post, it kept duplicating the previous entry. Been having intermittent gremlins in my laptop the past couple of days.

JohnDar

Add a water meter to that and you'll have pressure AND flow. My simple set-up does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Consider the sprayer head on the flush system as a restriction (which it is). Because of this the amount of water going in is not as much as you think. I use the gauge listed below to know how much water is going in. You would be surprised how long it takes to put in 30 gal. I also use one to fill the fresh water tank (which probably won't hold as much as you think). Interesting and useful gadget.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058EOC5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Greengas

Can the set up shown in the links below be kept in place when you need to winterize by sucking in all that wonderful pink stuff? I know there is no impact on the black tank flush and although I did not see any in the setup, I was wondering if there was anything that would prevent the antifreeze from being taken in because if I was to do that set up, I would want to just leave it in place and not have to keep removing it every time I winterize. Here are the links I'm referring to:

Here's a good way to monitor your water pressers. The quick-couplers are awesome.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthre...l=1#post506459

here's a parts list

https://heartlandowners.org/showthre...l=1#post506637

I appreciate my pending education.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My answer ...
I've never had to winterize my RV's in the last 20 years. So unfortunately I have no idea of the process to say one way or the other.

Sorry
Jerrod

avvidclif

Winterizing Texas Style: Remove shorts and short sleeve shirts and replace with jeans and long sleeve shirts. Add a jacket, optional. Job done. Oh, put on socks with the Crocs. :D

dlw930

Winterizing Texas Style: Remove shorts and short sleeve shirts and replace with jeans and long sleeve shirts. Add a jacket, optional. Job done. Oh, put on socks with the Crocs. :D

You got that right! Oh, and turn off the AC. Don't forget to turn off the AC, unless you're in The Valley, then you might need to keep one unit on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk