MORryde Steps

musicman

If we order a Heartland Big Horn from the factory can the factory put on the MORryde steps in place of the regular steps found on most RVs? We are pulling the trigger on ordering our second Big Horn from Heartland. The floorplan will be the 2018 Big Horn 3575 Elite. Thanks in advance...

Steve Sullivan

jbeletti

Re: ATF: Bighorn - MORryde Steps

Steve - I spoke to Tom M about this today. He told me that at this time, he's not able to do it as we don't have access to that product at plant 2 where we build LM/BH/BC.

RoadJunkie

If you're intent on the rigid steps, you would likely have no problem selling your stock aluminum steps.

Mrz

Steve - I just took delivery on a 2017 Big Horn and had the dealer install Lippert "Solid Step". The advantage of these over the MorRde step is the first step out the door is 2/3 wider than all other steps. This creates a small platform so you don't have to look where your stepping. (comes in handy when your arms are full) Only drawback is it's 3-5 lbs heavier than competition, but I find its not a problem at all. After looking at the install, this is something anyone can do, It's only about 5 screws and you're done. Suggest you look into it.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Steve - I just took delivery on a 2017 Big Horn and had the dealer install Lippert "Solid Step". The advantage of these over the MorRde step is the first step out the door is 2/3 wider than all other steps. This creates a small platform so you don't have to look where your stepping. (comes in handy when your arms are full) Only drawback is it's 3-5 lbs heavier than competition, but I find its not a problem at all. After looking at the install, this is something anyone can do, It's only about 5 screws and you're done. Suggest you look into it.:rolleyes:

That's the first I've seen of this one. I'm still not a fan of putting the dirty steps inside my RV. Also not being able to set shopping bags and other things in inside the door without having to pull down the steps first.

Maybe that's just us

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I just installed the GloSteps on our Prowler a few days ago . . .

ProwlerGlowStep5-P3160596.jpg ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg

Did it all by my lonesome . . . the actual install took about two hours, although now that I have one under my belt I'll bet I could do it in an hour or less.

It really was pretty easy to do, and I'm really not a mechanical kind of guy!

The only tools I needed was two screw drivers (to hold the new steps in place while I put in two bolts - see photo below) and two socket wrenches with 9/16 sockets on each.

ProwlerGlowStep3-P3160582.jpg

Note the two screw drivers holding the step bracket in place.

justafordguy

I just ordered a set of the Morryde steps but haven't received them yet. From what I see in the installation video it looks like an easy 10 minute job. I bet even a Dealer could handle it, and they would probably only charge you $1000 labor. ;)

Bones

I just ordered a set of the Morryde steps but haven't received them yet. From what I see in the installation video it looks like an easy 10 minute job. I bet even a Dealer could handle it, and they would probably only charge you $1000 labor. ;)
Let me us know how they work out on your camper. I'm interested.

jbeletti

Rex (rxbristol) has a set of the MORryde steps on his LM. I used them this past week and he showed me how to deploy them and put them away. Real easy. He also put a real cool, extra long SS handle on the side of the coach to replace the OEM one.

Bones

Rex (rxbristol) has a set of the MORryde steps on his LM. I used them this past week and he showed me how to deploy them and put them away. Real easy. He also put a real cool, extra long SS handle on the side of the coach to replace the OEM one.
Thanks

JohnD

Rex (rxbristol) has a set of the MORryde steps on his LM. I used them this past week and he showed me how to deploy them and put them away. Real easy.

He also put a real cool, extra long SS handle on the side of the coach to replace the OEM one.

I might have to look in to that longer handle as the stock one is a little short for our new GloSteps.

ProwlerGlowStep7-P3160624.jpg

justafordguy

I got the Morryde step above installed the other day and it is awesome. The only problem is that they don't make one to fit out second door. :p

Bones

I got the Morryde step above installed the other day and it is awesome. The only problem is that they don't make one to fit out second door. :p

Is that door smaller or something? I grab our camper next week and I can honestly say that I have rarely if ever opened that door or gone in or out that door.

CDN

B and B
If we order a Heartland Big Horn from the factory can the factory put on the MORryde steps in place of the regular steps found on most RVs? We are pulling the trigger on ordering our second Big Horn from Heartland. The floorplan will be the 2018 Big Horn 3575 Elite. Thanks in advance...

Steve Sullivan

Hi Steve

We just took delivery of our BH 3575 Elite with LCI Aluminum steps. They are sold as a rock, I am a big guy, no flex at all. Compared to steel steps 100% better. We looked at Morryde steps and the dirt was factor. The LCI copy of Morryde are not as good. For us the stock LCI Aluminum steps are just fine..

Brian

jbeletti

I might have to look in to that longer handle as the stock one is a little short for our new GloSteps
John - here's a link to the Stromberg Carlson site that has the handle that Rex had. I'm not sure which of the 3 commercial handles offered that Rex has but there are dimensions/drawings etc. to help guide one to a purchase decision.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz299.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rails look nice and not overly priced.
I see they have some other styles that are removable.
Hmm.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Thank Jim . . . :cool:

The AC530 (second from left) looks like the right one for us.

I was looking at the offerings at CW last week and the one with the larger grab rail that they carry has a different mounting distance between the two screw mounts than the stock grab rail, which would mean drilling more holes.

justafordguy

Is that door smaller or something? I grab our camper next week and I can honestly say that I have rarely if ever opened that door or gone in or out that door.

Yes, the back door is only 24" wide. The smallest one they make is for a 26" door. I spoke to them yesterday and they have no plans to make a smaller one. I guess my only option would be to buy the 26" one and modify it by cutting 2" out of the middle and re-welding it. May be more trouble than it's worth. :p

jbeletti

Thank Jim . . . :cool:

The AC530 (second from left) looks like the right one for us.

I was looking at the offerings at CW last week and the one with the larger grab rail that they carry has a different mounting distance between the two screw mounts than the stock grab rail, which would mean drilling more holes.
John - I think Rex told me that he had to buy or make a spacer to fit between the wall and the bracket so the door laid well up against the closed door. Likely to clear the door lock handle.