Front ac replacement afetr 2 years

slnlb

Dometic front ac died after 25 months on our 2015 RS3570. Replacement unit cost over a grand. Installer thought premature death of the ac was do to the air intake/outlet were not properly separated. Where was Heartland QC and can anything be expected of them?

Steve B

danemayer

Hi slnlb,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and sorry to hear about the failure on your A/C unit.

Dometic had a problem for a while after moving production to China and a number of people had A/C failures. Your unit may have been produced in the time frame where there was a relatively high failure rate.

Also, I think Dometic may have a 2 year warranty on the A/C units. Putting together the manufacturing problems they had, and the 2 year warranty, it's possible they might grant an accommodation for a failure occurring at 25 months.

You should call Dometic customer service at 800-544-4881 and discuss the problem and see if they will reimburse you.

Btw, my understanding is that when air leaks between the cold air output and warm air return, it can cause the unit to not cool well. But I don't think we've heard about units failing from that type of problem.

slnlb

Thanks for the info .
Dometic was no help. In fact their customer service people were unable to provide the correct type/replacement ac for my unit. I bought one they said was a drop in, but bolt holes were off by a foot. Dealer would not install it. concerns about the new bolt pattern. It was a low profile ac. Had to return and install a Blizzard unit that still had to have new holes put into my roof. New AC as noise ( more vibration) as the old one.
SteveB