Satellite TV

kab449

I add a receiver to my home account for my Bighorn. Problem is there are 3 TV's. My solution was to order a HDMI splitter from Monoprice and install it in the basement under the Bedroom TV location. The receiver fits under the bedroom TV on the shelf. I pulled 2 20' HDMI cables from that location to the location of the splitter. 1 delivers the signal to the splitter from the receiver in the bedroom and the other back to the bedroom tv from the splitter. Then I had to pull a 30' HDMI cable from the splitter to the living room tv. One more cable from the splitter to the basement tv I installed on a ceiling pull down mount.
The receiver I bought is the new Dish Wally which uses a RF Remote. It will control the receiver from any location around the RV. I do have to watch the same program on each tv which poses no problem for us. I still can use the over air antenna for variety.
I also opted for a portable dish to overcome the constant problem of trees blocking the roof mounted one. Pathway 2 by Winegard works great and can receive both Eastern and Western arc Dish satellites.

rxbristol

Can you expand on how you routed the HDMI cables (dropped coroplast, fished through walls, etc.)? Photos would be nice.

kab449

Can you expand on how you routed the HDMI cables (dropped coroplast, fished through walls, etc.)? Photos would be nice.

I originally posted this in the Bighorn Brand Forum under modifcatins because the cable routing and installation is particular to the unit model. I was moved to this general forum. I will post some pictures that may be helpful to you.
I ran the HDMI cables through bedroom closets and under the dresser with the rest of the lines ran at the factory. The long run was secured to the propane line under the trailer.

Attachments

• Outside TV.jpg
    Outside TV.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 77
  • HDMI Splitter.jpg
    HDMI Splitter.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 82
  • HDMI Cable Run.jpg
    HDMI Cable Run.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 73
  • HDMI Bedroom.jpg
    HDMI Bedroom.jpg