Solar prep

csllair

We will be picking up our 2018 Road Warrior the first of April. I know it is prepped for Solar, but thats about all I know other then I was told that you can buy solar panels that come in fold up cases to plug in and start charging. Can someone tell me who is the make of the solar prep and what type of solar panels are compatible with it? It has an inverter on it but what else is need. What other info do I need to know, options, recommendations etc??? Thank you for any and all comments.

danemayer

Hi csllair,

Congratulations on the new Road Warrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There are a number of other owners who have installed solar and I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly.

schew

FYI,
I spoke with Heartland when I had cut a hole for my controller. Found the solar panel wires but not the cables running from your controller to the battery. The heartland rep told me they only prewire the solar panel cables.yoi will need to run the rest of the cables..

Mine had all the wiring in the wall.
Heartland has been very good at telling you what you already know and if you ask them where something is they do not know and are not up to date on all of there models.
That has been my experience.