Jensen JWM990 Powers On By Itself.

I have a 2016 Bighorn 3270RS with the Jensen JWM990 entertainment system. For the past week it has been turning on by itself. It is parked at my home so we are not in it to determine if it does so at a random time or if it does so at the same time every day. I have looked at the manual and see there is a timer and an alarm. I've made sure they are off. Any suggestions?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I have a 2016 Bighorn 3270RS with the Jensen JWM990 entertainment system. For the past week it has been turning on by itself. It is parked at my home so we are not in it to determine if it does so at a random time or if it does so at the same time every day. I have looked at the manual and see there is a timer and an alarm. I've made sure they are off. Any suggestions?

Turn the battery disconnect off, that will keep it off. Never had a problem with mine.

Lou_and_Bette

Just a thought, have you had any weather alerts in your area recently? Some of the radios have automatic weather alert functions that will turn on the radio to make sure you are aware of the danger. If yours has this function, I think it can be turned off.

Lynn1130

I think there are other threads on here with this problem and one of them I started. This started happening with the Jensen in the Cyclone. There were no alarms set or anything else that would set it off, and if it were an Amber Alert or something along that line it would start with that annoying loud buzzer. So you would sure know that was the problem. I even went so far as to do a reset on the radio, several times, and it still persisted in waking me up at all hours of the night. I called Jensen, and they were no help at all other than to suggest buying a new one from them. I now remove the face plate when the radio is not is use. If you have that option it will stop it but otherwise if you find a solution let me know.

justafordguy

Never had our entertainment system come on by itself but our main TV turns on by itself all the time. We have gotten in the habit of turning the volume down all the way before we go to bed so it doesn't wake us up in the middle of the night. :p

RoadJunkie

Never had our entertainment system come on by itself but our main TV turns on by itself all the time. We have gotten in the habit of turning the volume down all the way before we go to bed so it doesn't wake us up in the middle of the night. :p

Ahhhh...spooky ghost stuff. May your rig is haunted? :angel:

Update: The radio continued to come on by itself, so I started at the beginning. I rechecked everything, tried turning it off by the remote. Radio still would power on by itself. Looked again at the manual and the timer and alarm settings. Much to my embarrassment, somehow I missed that the alarm was on. Set for midnight. I turned the alarm off and it no longer powers on by itself. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Ours came on by itself a couple of nights in a row. Came to find the DW was pushing buttons and turned on the alarm. Default was for midnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk