Replaced the table and chairs with one I built to better fit our needs - 2017 3965DSS

Buffalo33

The girlfriend and I travel with two pups. We never used the table in chairs in the campers we have been in together and figured we we could use the space better if we had a solid table top in that slide with a built in dog cage. So I made this table out of furniture grade 3/4 plywood, 2 stair newel posts, 1x2, a little base trim to clean up the front. minwax speical walnut color stain and poly. I only needed two legs as the table rests on the cage on the other side, I also put window/door foam 3/4 gasket all around the 3 sides that touch the wall so it wouldn't damage the wall trim. It fits very well and gave us a lot more counter space for her coffee maker/ coffee supplies and a good spot for a the dog basket. Plus room for whatever else we would need to put up there. On the other side of the cage we store dog food towards the back and then a dog bowl holder right next to the cage. I also put down that clear carpet saver under all of that to help keep it nice and clean.

Attachments

• IMG_4415.JPG
    IMG_4415.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_4417.JPG
    IMG_4417.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4419.JPG
    IMG_4419.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_4420.JPG
    IMG_4420.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 204

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks great! I will warn you, when the slide is in, bouncing down the highway, the top may try to slide off the crate. We made a desk in one slide of our rig, and the top had two legs, then the other end rested on a file cabinet. As we traveled, surprisingly, the file cabinet would move, and the top would also. We added L brackets to secure the file cabinet to the floor and the desktop to the file cabinet. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo33

Looks great! I will warn you, when the slide is in, bouncing down the highway, the top may try to slide off the crate. We made a desk in one slide of our rig, and the top had two legs, then the other end rested on a file cabinet. As we traveled, surprisingly, the file cabinet would move, and the top would also. We added L brackets to secure the file cabinet to the floor and the desktop to the file cabinet. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I will definitely keep an eye out for that next time we go down the road. It made the first trip good I hope it stays that way.