North Country 29RLS LakeView Slide Question

Mr_Scary

New/Proud Owner of a 2011 NC 29RLS LakeView TT.
Checked it out at the seller's place. Everything worked, slide wise. The master bedroom has a huge closet that is a slide. When sliding it back in for transportation it got all the way in and clunked like the gears were skipping. Seller reached over and hit the 'out' button and said be careful. Never having any slides I said ok. Drove the 1 1/2 hrs home, went to extend the slides out and now the master closet slide just kinda clicks or clanks, like it wants to but just won't. Any advice and or ideas would be greatly appreciated. This slide is electric and doesn't appear to have any cables if that helps with the diagnosis. Thanks in advance for any replies. Looking forward to the forum and lots of great times in the new rig!

Gary
AKA: Mr. Scary

danemayer

Hi Mr_Scary,

Congratulations on the new-to-you North Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The electric slides typically have a motor with sprocket that drives a chain. The chain is attached to cables that often go around pulleys. It's possible that something in that set of parts has come apart.

I'm not familiar with your model/floor plan, but on trailers with electric bedroom slides, sometimes the parts are under the bed platform. Sometimes they're behind the headboard.

If by looking over the room you can't figure out where the motor and other parts are located, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to tell you.

Mr_Scary

Thanks so much for the welcome and the reply.
I looked around inside the master bedroom last night and found nothing.
I did, however, pull some of the screws out from the underbelly cover to see what I could see. Flashlight in the dark really wasn't cutting it. I take a look for some of the items you mentioned after work today. Also, going to call Heartland for some guidance as well. Thanks again for the reply! ;)

M$