From Jayco to Prowler...maybe

Homer1959

Hi guys, my first post here Im a french canadian so bear with my frenchglish please :)
I presently own a Jayco whitehawk 24RBS, we are looking for a bigger unit, despite the fact that Jayco stands by their product like you wouldnt beleive we found a floor plan the we kind of like. 29PRKS is at what we are looking for. Jayflight have a similar floorplan without the extension in the bedroom thats a big plus for Prowler

We didnt find the time to look at it on a dealer lot but video and pictures on the net gave us a good idea. You guys owner of a prowler , how good is heartland with you ? Do you have to fight a lot to get thing done ( please take the dealer out of the discussion for now ) Are they always trying to put the blame on you ?

Im a bit leary to leave Jayco since they have been great, but hey Prowler have a floorplan that we like , the price seems to be right and the initial quality must not be worst or better than Jayco. The initial quality is basically the same amongs all the brands.. almost inexistant LOL So Hows Prowler compared to Jayco if you ever made the side to side comparaison :)

Also how hard it is to talk to someone at Heartland customer services ?
Are they willing to supply schematic of plumbing and elec or wall reinforcement if you need it ?
How fast they respond to email ?
You see that kind of stuff is sometimes more important than the trailer itself ;-)

Thanks a million for sharing your experience

danemayer

Hi Homer1959,

The vast majority on this forum have had very good experiences with Heartland Customer Service. While under warranty I found them very helpful. For example while winter camping, we were having a thermostat problem. Dometic warrants the thermostat and refused to do anything unless we went to a dealer. Heartland intervened with them to get them to send a thermostat to our location for self-install. We had a ballast problem with 2 of our fluorescent lights. I called and asked how they would handle it if problems on the other lights showed up after warranty. They volunteered to send replacement fixtures for all of the rest of the lights, allowing us to decide whether to self-install, or have a dealer install them.

Heartland is usually very flexible on how you get things fixed under warranty. With prior approval, you can use a non-Heartland dealer who's willing to work on your rig, or an independent or mobile servicer. This is a really important distinction. Most manufacturers won't allow this. And If your dealer is not close by, using a mobile servicer can be very helpful. You just need prior approval so Heartland can make sure the servicer has appropriate training and certifications.

As for engineering drawings, a lot of people have gotten plumbing drawings. I think a few people have gotten some wall/structural drawings for certain things. They hold the electrical drawings pretty tight - I've only ever heard of one person getting them and I suspect that was an escape.

As for contacting Heartland, email is not the best choice. I've found that calling works really well. If no one is available, rather than leave a message, I stay on hold until a person picks up the call. That works well for me.

And of course this forum is a great resource. If you have a question on a Friday night, you can usually get an answer within a very short time rather than have to wait for Customer Service to open on Monday morning.

mlpeloquin

Hi guys, my first post here Im a french canadian so bear with my frenchglish please :)
I presently own a Jayco whitehawk 24RBS, we are looking for a bigger unit, despite the fact that Jayco stands by their product like you wouldnt beleive we found a floor plan the we kind of like. 29PRKS is at what we are looking for. Jayflight have a similar floorplan without the extension in the bedroom thats a big plus for Prowler

We didnt find the time to look at it on a dealer lot but video and pictures on the net gave us a good idea. You guys owner of a prowler , how good is heartland with you ? Do you have to fight a lot to get thing done ( please take the dealer out of the discussion for now ) Are they always trying to put the blame on you ?

Im a bit leary to leave Jayco since they have been great, but hey Prowler have a floorplan that we like , the price seems to be right and the initial quality must not be worst or better than Jayco. The initial quality is basically the same amongs all the brands.. almost inexistant LOL So Hows Prowler compared to Jayco if you ever made the side to side comparaison :)

Also how hard it is to talk to someone at Heartland customer services ?
Are they willing to supply schematic of plumbing and elec or wall reinforcement if you need it ?
How fast they respond to email ?
You see that kind of stuff is sometimes more important than the trailer itself ;-)

Thanks a million for sharing your experience

I don't have a Prowler, but do have a Big Horn. My experience with Heartland has been very good and do recommend Heartland products.

Heartland really supports their customers. The dealerships very and I use a Heartland approved independent repair business.
It is has been easy to talk to Heartland customer service, except during the holidays. The longest I had to wait for a call back was one day.
There are no electrical schematics, but Heartland did provide me with the plumbing drawing for my fifth wheel when I had a question. There is a schematic of the RV cable routing connections that was provided with my purchase documentation.
Heartland has responded by the next business day by email and once on the same day.
There are Heartland user guides put together by Heartland owners that are well documented and Heartland Owners Manuals on line. If you are worried about where the studs are, get a very good wood/metal stud finder. It will nail the location without guessing.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/

I hope this helps.

Homer1959

Well, its good to read all the positive post about Heartland customer service !!

Now we will have to find a place where they have this trailer in stock to be able to compare apple with apple.

Thanks for your inputs guys :D

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are on our third Heartland product, and I've tried to deal exclusively with Heartland rather than my dealer during the warranty period -- especially for things that we can fix\replace. (I.e., the globe broke on our dining fixture, the tv went out a week after ownership, fireplace quit a week out of 1yr warranty.)

I personally prefer email because it is a written record of what was agreed to. Heartland generally responds in 1-3 days via email. If I don't hear back when I need to, I send another email and usually get quick feedback. I was able to get roof schematic to mount satellite dish, and it did show wiring as well for the roof.

Shipping from Heartland can take time -- and we've had a few wrong or broken items, which meant more time -- but ultimately, they have made us happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk