( A ) Frame type and model

Homer1959

A competitor brags about his superior frame construction, especially how the A frame is attached to the frame of the TT. I've looked at a recent Prowler and it looks like the A frame is welded under the frame while the competitor A frame pass through the front of the frame and it is welded differently. The competitor seems more sturdy but hey I am no engineer so.... who makes Prowler frame and where can I get more info about their construction ? The competitor talk also about their construction resistant to frame buckeling, have you ever see that on a Prowler frame ? Thanks for your input guys

danemayer

Over the past 6-1/2 years I don't recall any posts about travel trailer frames buckling or problems where the A-frame attaches.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Prowler has a Lippert frame . . .

Is there any other company that makes trailer frames for the Elkhart crowd?

BooHyde

I work at a dealership in Michigan. Lots of salt on the roads, lots of bad roads. In the last two years, we have serviced over 4,000 RVs of all types of makes and models. I have yet to see a buckled frame.

jbeletti

I work at a dealership in Michigan. Lots of salt on the roads, lots of bad roads. In the last two years, we have serviced over 4,000 RVs of all types of makes and models. I have yet to see a buckled frame.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your experienced feedback.

Homer1959

Glad to read that ! so should I understand that the A frame style means nothing ?

BooHyde

I'm not an expert on frames by any means, but it seems to me that the industry standard is working really well. As far as I know, Lippert components makes the frames for most every coach that comes out of Indiana, and they make a good product. If it were me, I would concentrate on what is sitting on top of that frame.