ATF: North Country - Water Heater

ROB77

Hi , I have a few questions if anyone can help i'm new at owning a Travel Trailer I would appreciate any help. I Currently own a 2011 North Country 29RKS, this is my full 1st year to enjoy it but i have a lot to learn is been hard for us.
1. I would like to replace the Anode Rod is there a particular model # to use?
2. does the water heater on my model runs on Gas & electric or just on gas?
3. there's 2 hose red & blue just below the water heater under the trailer what are those for?

Rob.

danemayer

Hi Rob77,

Heartland has used more than one water heater over the years and in various trailer models, so answers are dependent on which water heater you have.

Mostly they operate on both 120V AC, and on 12V DC with propane. You can read about the Suburban models in our owner-written Water Heater Usage Guide. The guide also includes instructions on how to change out the anode rod. Suburban manuals, found in this folder, show the part number as 232767. That will be available at most RV dealer parts stores, or from online sellers including Amazon.

But if you have an Atwood water heater, they use a different tank design that doesn't have an anode rod.

The red and blue PEX lines under the trailer are most likely low point drains used when winterizing.

ROB77

Hi Rob77,

Heartland has used more than one water heater over the years and in various trailer models, so answers are dependent on which water heater you have.

Mostly they operate on both 120V AC, and on 12V DC with propane. You can read about the Suburban models in our owner-written Water Heater Usage Guide. The guide also includes instructions on how to change out the anode rod. Suburban manuals, found in this folder, show the part number as 232767. That will be available at most RV dealer parts stores, or from online sellers including Amazon.

But if you have an Atwood water heater, they use a different tank design that doesn't have an anode rod.

The red and blue PEX lines under the trailer are most likely low point drains used when winterizing.

Thanks Dan for the info, as I stated I'm new to the RV world and I have a lot to learn.