first tow 3760 EL and questions

tessa

hi-
this will be my first time towing the camper and I have a few questions about setting up the truck brake control and tire pressures
the integrated brake control what would be a good starting point to set the gain at
tire pressure- should I go max on the rear and or front
2015 F350 4x4 dually CC long bed diesel

thanks

AHayter

Tessa, I run max cold air pressure on all 4 tires at maximum cold air pressure of 110 lbs and set my gain at 9 on the brake controller.

Albert

Lou_and_Bette

Tessa, if I understand your question correctly, I believe you are asking about the tire pressure on your truck. We have the BH 3570RS, we are full timers and carry maximum weight. I have had my whole rig weighed several times and run the "recommended" pressures on my truck. Like Albert, I run maximum air pressure on the trailer tires, but on the truck I follow the weigh-masters recommendation. On my 2013 F450, the factory recommends 75psi front tires, 65psi rear. I run 75psi front, and 70psi rear. I did start off running maximum pressure, 80psi, in the rears because of the weight but, after several times of being told that was higher than it needed to be by the scales, I lowered the pressure which improved the ride and, IMHO, cause less stress on the trailer. I would recommend you have your rig weighed by one of the companies that gives you a wheel by wheel weight and go from there. Lou

tessa

thanks for the info- I did mean the truck tires- sorry for any confusion
I do plan on getting my set up weighed, any suggestions on where to find a place?

mlpeloquin

Look up the load/pressure or load inflation chart for your tires. I have Michelin tires on mine. I found the load pressure chart on the Michelin web page. Using the chart GM set the recommended pressure for a maximum load. i wish I had looked up the chart when I purchased the truck. I noticed the center tire wearing in the center before I did. It turns out I still need even less then the recommended pressure with the fifth wheel on.

The best place to get weighed is at the national rally. They weigh each tire separately. Second is to go to a CAT scale. Most truck stops have CAT scales. You can look on the net for the closest one near you. Go fully loaded and place each set of tires on different sections of the scales.

WBG

WBGavin
hi-
this will be my first time towing the camper and I have a few questions about setting up the truck brake control and tire pressures
the integrated brake control what would be a good starting point to set the gain at
tire pressure- should I go max on the rear and or front
2015 F350 4x4 dually CC long bed diesel

thanks

We have a 3570 with a F350 SRW. We run the truck tires at the Max Cold pressure, the same for the Trailer tires (G614 - 110lbs). We had the brake controller set at 9 for a couple years but have moved it up to 10 in that we generally are running near the max weight for the trailer. Braking performance has been great for us.

tessa

thanks for all the info- the first tow went great. did 85 miles to the campground on I 49 from Lafayette to Woodworth, LA.
our plan is to stop at my MIL's in North Little Rock and get rid of a few things and then find a scale to get weighed.
this my second try at backing into a site -first time was when we moved sites at the campground we were at- didn't do too bad, JMHO, took 3 tries and some maneuvering as the site across had a car just a bit into the road. LOL