Finally picked up my 2018 NT 28DBSS Caliber Edition

cjb2283

After having to wait over a month and then having to reschedule the pickup due to our son wanting into this world a couple weeks early I finally picked up our new TT Friday. I obviously can't wait to take it out and use it.

So I am an aircraft mechanic and I don't know if it's that or my OCD but I did a thorough inspection on it once I got it home. I found two finger loose bolts on the pull out bumper tray, 13 broken screw heads mostly on the skirt and a couple on the door trim, small scratches on interior trim/wood from installing appliances, paint or wood filler on the couch, a stain on the comforter, and some loose cabinet hinges. Honestly I am okay with most of it since they are easy fixes or only I will see it except the couch and the screw heads. Couch for obvious reasons. Screw heads cuz some of them are at the end of whatever they are holding on and they are popping up. And it's all sheet metal so they are sharp. Anyways, that's just me and my concerns but would I be asking too much for the dealership to replace the screws since it's obvious that it's from the factory like that?

1f6b029766ad21c7f8884b746368f14c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Not at all. Get the warranty process started. My opinion, even if you only spent 5 bucks when you bought that rig, everything better be dress right dress!

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Bri4Sis

I know when I picked up our 5th wheel I saw some holes that didn't even have screws in them and I walked inside and asked the guy in parts for some screws and he went in the back and came back with a small bag full and then asked if that was enough. I said how much and he said nothing. Enjoy your new purchase and we are sorry that they didn't put the screw in but we don't mind at all doing this for you.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

redevil

Nice! Can't wait to pick my NT 24BHS up on the 29th. Didn't get the Caliber edition with the fancy cap. Congratulations on the new baby and trailer

Mattman

Congrats on the baby and trailer. I hope you guys have lots of fun with it. I hope your dealership takes care of you. I bet they would gladly get you some screws.

Mattman

IMG_20170405_183723180.jpg
Check your mattress. Hope the Caliber gave you a better mattress than the standard NT.

cjb2283

View attachment 50778
Check your mattress. Hope the Caliber gave you a better mattress than the standard NT.

Spent Saturday night in the camper this past weekend with the dogs. Mostly just to check/test everything out. Perfect weekend for it too. Saw rain, hail, thunder, lightning, snow, and sun...all in less than 24 hours. Everything worked as advertised and no leaks. Love it.

As for the mattress, none of the extra money you spend on a Caliber Edition does not go towards making that any better. Same exact POS you got Mattman. I see some foam in my near future.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new arrivals. By all means, have them replace anything that needs replacing now. Enjoy your new rig and hope to meet yo down the road.