Pontential buyer needs feedback

I am seriously considering purchasing a Torque toyhauler but have a reservation due to the unique size of the king size bed. I don't find the standard mattress comfortable. Are there owners that have replaced the mattress or used some alternative? Did you have to have a custom made mattress? Can you provide me with some places to look for this

danemayer

Hi ThunderstruckRoxy,

It's not hard to find RV King Size mattresses. We (and a number of others) have a very reasonably priced RV King memory foam mattress from LastingImpressionsFoam.com. We've had ours in the RV for over 4 years and liked it so much we bought a regular king for home.

If you like Sleep Number mattresses, Camping World sells an RV sized model.

Thank you for the suggestions. The Torque has a 70" wide king, not the standard RV king of 72". Are any of your suggestions for a 70" wide mattress or the more standard 72" RV king?

danemayer

Another option would be to cut a 76 or 72" foam mattress to 70" - some owners have done that. But with memory foam mattresses, an extra inch on each side likely won't make any difference.

mlpeloquin

ComfortAir will save you money compared to the Sleep Number Bed. I am not knocking the Sleep Number Bed, because we have one at the S&B. Just installed the ComfortAir King in the fifth wheel and it is every bit as comfortable as the Sleep Number. Ever since I broke some back ribs the only bed that I am comfortable on is an adjustable bed. The OEM was horrible and finally after three years it has been replaced. My wife likes it soft and I need it very firm. I find that foam will eventually loose its ability to spring back and coil mattresses comes in one firmness. So they are not for us.

By the way, the OEM is ok for a few trips so you do not have to jump to replace ASAP.

With Heartland you get great product, customer support, and a great user forum for support as well.