2018 Cyclone 4005

We are picking up our new Cyclone tomorrow. Couldn't be more exited. I will ask here and hope it's not re-directed. Insurance quotes we are getting are between $1600-$2200 for this coach. Seems really high. Look forward to sharing our adventures with everyone. If anyone has any feedback or things we need to know. Let me know!

Brandon

danemayer

We are picking up our new Cyclone tomorrow. Couldn't be more exited. I will ask here and hope it's not re-directed. Insurance quotes we are getting are between $1600-$2200 for this coach. Seems really high. Look forward to sharing our adventures with everyone. If anyone has any feedback or things we need to know. Let me know!

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum, and to the family.

That price does seem pretty high.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Brandon

Is that for 6 months, or a year? Are you fulltiming in it?

Is that for 6 months, or a year? Are you fulltiming in it?

Thats for for a year with 1k deductible. I am getting slaughtered because of our age(31). It is going to be stored in my shop when not in use. Which I would have thought would have helped. This is not full time. Recreational only.

avvidclif

Find another agent. Mine is about 400/yr w/replacement cost. But then I'm an old fart. Still too high to me even for a poot.

OEFVET

I've got a 2015 Cyclone 4200 and mine has been just over $500 per year since I got it. No claims so the rate has stayed the same. $250 deductable

TravelTiger

Check with Progressive, been very happy with their coverage. Both recreational and as fulltimers. We were early 40s when we started and have had a few claims. They have not increased much over 8 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

I should have said I'm happy with their service and coverage. They have taken care of us when we needed it. I have heard National General has not been easy to deal with on a major claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
FYI...Insurance rates are credit driven. It is much more important than your drving record. 2 people in the same area with exactly the same rv, age and driving record will have different rates because of their credit score. 99% of insurance companies use this system including Progressive and Good Sam. The insurance companies dont use the term credit score usually. They call it an insurance score and other factors are included but credit is the drving force. The formula for each company is guarded and considered a trade secret only a select few know the formula.

porthole

Retired
Have averaged $418 a year for the last 8 years with replacement and golf cart coverage.
National Interstate RV Insurance