Laundry Closet

kab449

Finished the installation of my Combo Washer and the closet modification. Added a top shelf, an intermediate shelf for cleaning products, and a counter top over the washer.
IMG_4133.jpgIMG_4135.jpg
Any advice on how to post pictures with the correct orientation?

jbeletti

Finished the installation of my Combo Washer and the closet modification. Added a top shelf, an intermediate shelf for cleaning products, and a counter top over the washer.
View attachment 50779View attachment 50780
Any advice on how to post pictures with the correct orientation?
Nice mod. In terms of the pictures, before you upload them, in any image editor, even if the pictures look right-side up, rotate the images all the way around, then resave them, then upload them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nice work! I am still fighting where to put stuff in my laundry closet, yours gives me some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kab449

Thanks for the compliments. That closet was one of the features of the 3160 floor plan that sold us. I didn't like the washer in the bedroom. I'm an organization nut so the closet helped my phobia immensely. A friend of mine gave me the Cypress wood a while ago. The stain is minwax red mahogany. I think it compliments the rest of the woodwork very well.
Next project is to figure out a secure mount in the basement for my folding electric bicycle!

TravelTiger

Due to the fact that our laundry is in the front closet and the cap slopes, I was much more limited to what I could do.

Here is my altered laundry closet. (Sorry, no actual pics of the whole closet before I went to work on it!

Before:

764d20fe431cba5dfa58c701c36c9d84.jpg

Notice the bar is low and has a shelf above. This shelf was too high to put laundry detergent on, because the ceiling slopes toward the front of the coach.

ad97c9d430ff8a09fd6d9c6ef33f7dab.jpg

The combo unit fits fine, but now the bar is too low to hang clothes!

After:

da36beb6cdc99cf86ae2ea5a23610bb3.jpg

Took out shelf, moved bar to top of closet, added wire basket that fits the space exactly and sits on ledge of the extended area that holds the plumbing for the W/D. Now detergent, etc. has an easily accessible home, and I can actually hang clothes in this closet if necessary!

kab449

Looks good. You do have to utilize every inch of space in these rigs. I see you moved your combo unit to one side so as to maximize the open space to one side like I did. I'll find something to put there.

TravelTiger

Looks good. You do have to utilize every inch of space in these rigs. I see you moved your combo unit to one side so as to maximize the open space to one side like I did. I'll find something to put there.

Not exactly, this is the only place it can fit! There is a carpeted wire/plumbing chase along the floor on the right side.

kab449

Just testing Jims solution for the orientation of pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Now experimenting with inserting image in the body. Can you tell its a slow day?

Attachments

• washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 129
  • laundry closet.jpg
    laundry closet.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 112
  • washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 100

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Just testing Jims solution for the orientation of pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Now experimenting with inserting image in the body. Can you tell its a slow day?
When can I set up an appointment to have you do my Gateway? I love this!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kab449

When can I set up an appointment to have you do my Gateway? I love this!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks Howard. Since I completed this and my wife had a chance to process the potential she has taken over the countertop over the washer. Her Keurig coffee maker, paper towel dispenser, pocketbook, and shopping trip purchases have ended up in there. Shes a happy camper.

TravelTiger

Thanks Howard. Since I completed this and my wife had a chance to process the potential she has taken over the countertop over the washer. Her Keurig coffee maker, paper towel dispenser, pocketbook, and shopping trip purchases have ended up in there. Shes a happy camper.

I just realized the door is missing. Did you put it back or leave it open?

farside291

That install looks very professional! The two shelves we had to remove from our washer closet is the only downside to putting a dryer on top of our LG combo washer/dryer. We keep a clothes basket in the closet and soap and stuff under the sink in the bathroom.

Oregon_Camper

Very nice! I'll show my wife and I'm sure she will love this.

Question...does that combo unit vent to outside? I have seen the marker on the side wall, indicating where to drill the hole for the vent. Wondering if you did this and how well it worked out? Where did you get the vent cover for the outside?

crussian

Very cool setup. I do like the single unit washer/dryer. I have read where the drying cycle is much longer than with the single dryer install. I like the idea of one touch, set it and forget it though. And you still have room in the closet to store and hang. Win win to me. I was wondering though, if I have electric but only the fresh water tank filled (water pump on), is the washer set up to take from that tank?

Thanks in advance.

C&J