Laundry Closet

kab449

Very nice! I'll show my wife and I'm sure she will love this.

Question...does that combo unit vent to outside? I have seen the marker on the side wall, indicating where to drill the hole for the vent. Wondering if you did this and how well it worked out? Where did you get the vent cover for the outside?
It does the nonvented ones don't work very good and I believe take more water. There was a sticker on the wall where Heartland recommended you drill. I ordered the washer from PPL Motorhome in Houston and all the other stuff on Amazon. That includes the drain pan, chrome vent, and the fasteners that keep it from moving.
There isn't really a lot to drilling the wall. It is a sandwich with fiberglass skin outside, styrofoam insulation in the middle, and thin wall board on the inside. There is aluminum studs spaced occasionally so you should probe the area you will be drilling with 1/8 inch bit across the hole saw width to make sure you will not hit one of them.

kab449

Very cool setup. I do like the single unit washer/dryer. I have read where the drying cycle is much longer than with the single dryer install. I like the idea of one touch, set it and forget it though. And you still have room in the closet to store and hang. Win win to me. I was wondering though, if I have electric but only the fresh water tank filled (water pump on), is the washer set up to take from that tank?

Thanks in advance.

C&J
It takes about an hour to dry a large load which would be 2 bath towels, 2 wash cloths, 1 hand towel, a couple pair if socks and underwear. I like that you load it, put detergent and fabric softener in, start it and leave. It's done when you get back with no transfer half way through.
You have to make sure you have enough of water (14 gallons for a load) in you fresh water tank to do a load of wash. Then you will need the onboard pump turned on n with the 4 way valve set to normal and not city water.