Scare light always on can't turn it off

bobca1

Cyclone has been in parked for past 2 months, pulled it out yesterday and turned 12v switch on and noticed the rear driver side scare light was on. Thought hmm I must have left the switch on, but checked inside and switch is off. Parked it at the house for couple days and light stayed on entire time, i pulled the switch down from ceiling to disconnect the wire thinking maybe bad switch, but unfortunately not that simple with wire disconnected from switch to light still stays on, it's getting power from somewhere else. I had to pull the bulbs out. I can get by without the light not a big deal, but I am concerned this may be start of something more serious. Any ideas what to check, had this happened to anyone else? Something else that is troubling to me this switch is wired with speaker wire! Outside the light has typical red/black wire. So it must be spliced somewhere :( Also something else that has occurred a while before this problem I notice if I turn on the rear flood lights over the cargo door, the radio will go off intermittently. Not sure if that's related but doesn't seem right.
aa582ab66e98a94777ddb2457ce9e140.jpg
994e06d20213accb68cb2818b771a9d8.jpg

bobca1

Hmm thinking some more about this I don't remember turning this light on, does someone else with Cyclone know is the switch for this rear driver side light in back, or in the front panel? As I recall it's in back but it's odd that there are 2 switches with speaker wire on them. Maybe they go to something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

LBR

Look in the living room panel...My driver side rear light is in that bottom row labeled "ODS Flood Light"
164018de160ce7237cfdebbef3f2b5e6.jpg

bobca1

Doh! Thanks I hope it's that simple just my stupid mistake!! What are the 2 switches with the speaker wire for?

LBR

Not sure which CY model you have?..However....If you have a side awning over the rear door, plus a rear awning over your tailgate, my guess is those 2 switches with speaker wire is for both sets of mood lights.

I have a gang of 3 switches next to an additional gang of 2...Pictured from left to right ( drivers to passenger side of coach)...
1). Rear side awning moods
2). Tailgate awning moods
3). Rear side porch
4). Rear 2 reverse lights (up high)
5). Inside overhead garage
8e6ee2d0c49dbf412935216bc4a92da9.jpg

bobca1

Thank you! Ah yes, the mood lights I completely forgot about those! Been a while since I last used the awnings due to wind and weather.
Finally time for me to label my switches I think :)

LBR

I didn't see a proper way to label mine as they are so close together, so I stuck a #1-5 cheat-sheet sticky on side of the radio case for reference.

bobca1

Yep it was the switch in the front panel, I just flipped it on-off and the light went off :) hooray! I still have issue with my fuel pump switch I have to push it few times to get the timer to come on. Probably need to order some spares.

LBR

Yep it was the switch in the front panel, I just flipped it on-off and the light went off :) hooray! I still have issue with my fuel pump switch I have to push it few times to get the timer to come on. Probably need to order some spares.

Try pressing the fuel pump switch once "very deliberately" (slowly and firmly) for on, then twice the same way with a quick "1-2" count for back off....Press it like you mean it!!