Fireplace draft concern

RMeredith

We purchased a 2017 3575EL Bighorn 2 months ago. While learning the different components we noticed a cold air draft coming from the fireplace while it cycled from the heating mode to standby for a few minutes. Once the heating cycle starts back up the draft quits but comes back again when standby mode starts. Has anyone else experienced this condition and if so what remedies might have been reached.

We do have an appointment set with the dealer we purchased from in June so I'm sure it will be corrected but thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

R Meredith

mlpeloquin

When the fire place is off, is there a draft? If not, it maybe that the fireplace fan continues to run until the heating element has cooled or perhaps never shuts off thus the cool air. When we use ours we just turn it on and manually turn it off. We have never set a temperature it would automatically turn itself on or off at.

Gaffer

It is not vented to the outside so likely just the fan running until the element cools.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It is not vented to the outside so likely just the fan running until the element cools.

Correct, I believe the heating element cuts off and the fan runs to cool it before turning the unit off. It's a safety feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMeredith

Correct, I believe the heating element cuts off and the fan runs to cool it before turning the unit off. It's a safety feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's probably the issue although I'd prefer for it not to happen as the draft is fairly strong. The dealer will probably help determine if this model number does in fact run to cool the element. Thanks for the response!

- - - Updated - - -

When the fire place is off, is there a draft? If not, it maybe that the fireplace fan continues to run until the heating element has cooled or perhaps never shuts off thus the cool air. When we use ours we just turn it on and manually turn it off. We have never set a temperature it would automatically turn itself on or off at.

When the fireplace is off it doesn't have a draft. Based on yours and another helpful reply it appears the fan runs to cool the element after the temperature is reached. I'll try to figure how to turn it on without setting the temperature and see what happens. My options are 61 to 82 degrees. If I run the temperature past 82 the heating shows LL or High, which starts the system. We'll see where it goes from there. Otherwise the dealer will have to explain if there are other options or I'm stuck with a cold draft every so often.

Thanks for responding.