Attention all newer Cyclone 3800 Owners!!

WyoCyclone

Greetings all,
My wife and I are on the verge of purchasing a new, to us, 2016 Cyclone 3800. From the ads, the trailer looks to be in great shape however, they will be sending more pics. As it stands right now the trailer is in CA which would be quite a distance for us to go see so it might be purchased sight unseen (besides the pics and video).

A couple of questions for you all. 1. I know there are marine inspectors that are pretty easy to contact to have boats looked at; are there the same for RVs? I worry about asking a dealer rep take a look as they would rather I purchase from them and not be objective. Thoughts here?

2. I do have a favor to ask if there are some 3800 owners that could take a measurement for me. I'm wondering if someone could take a measurement from the master bedroom closet to the side of the bed and give me that number. The 3800 we're looking at has the dual entry master bath so the left side of the bed is fine, but I'm worried it's too tight on the closet side. I'd ask the seller, however, they can't get to the trailer for a several days.

Any other feedback on the 3800 or the Cyclone would be appreciated. I'm not new to trailers but have never owned a tow hauler or one this long. Thanks for the help.

Craig

jimtoo

Re: Attention all newer 3800 Owners!!

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some help soon from our other members.

Jim M

pjones1969

Hope you get your answer, we purchased a 2017 Cyclone 3800 at the end of March, picking it up Thursday or Friday, if you don't have that measurement by then I should be able to get it for you.

Its tighter than most between the bed and the closet and there is a step up there as well which makes it a little awkward from what I remember.

porthole

Retired
Greetings all,
My wife and I are on the verge of purchasing a new, to us, 2016 Cyclone 3800. From the ads, the trailer looks to be in great shape however, they will be sending more pics. As it stands right now the trailer is in CA which would be quite a distance for us to go see so it might be purchased sight unseen (besides the pics and video).

A couple of questions for you all. 1. I know there are marine inspectors that are pretty easy to contact to have boats looked at; are there the same for RVs? I worry about asking a dealer rep take a look as they would rather I purchase from them and not be objective. Thoughts here?

2. I do have a favor to ask if there are some 3800 owners that could take a measurement for me. I'm wondering if someone could take a measurement from the master bedroom closet to the side of the bed and give me that number. The 3800 we're looking at has the dual entry master bath so the left side of the bed is fine, but I'm worried it's too tight on the closet side. I'd ask the seller, however, they can't get to the trailer for a several days.

Any other feedback on the 3800 or the Cyclone would be appreciated. I'm not new to trailers but have never owned a tow hauler or one this long. Thanks for the help.

Craig

If you are spending more money then you are willing to throw away - go and see the trailer.
If you like what you see, detailed pictures in case things 'change' by the time you get it delivered.

WyoCyclone

Hope you get your answer, we purchased a 2017 Cyclone 3800 at the end of March, picking it up Thursday or Friday, if you don't have that measurement by then I should be able to get it for you.

Its tighter than most between the bed and the closet and there is a step up there as well which makes it a little awkward from what I remember.

I would apprciate it as it as I won't be getting any new photos till Sunday.

Appreciate all the feedback everyone. Looking for an inspector now so we'll see what happens.

pjones1969

Great!! I know exactly what you are going through, I had the unit I ultimately purchased brought in from another location which was not close enough for us to visit, that took about 4-5 days.

I was all over the internet looking at pictures of every 3800 I could find before it arrived, I didn't catch that area by the bed in any of the pics online, I walked it the day after it arrived and snapped a few pics and then my wife and I spent about 2 hours in it the following day discussing things before we made our decision.

WyoCyclone

Nice! Ultimately, are you happy with the trailer? We have been through the 4100 and that was our first choice until we started looking at other models and we really liked the opposing couches. The problem is we live in no where Wyoming and very few dealers in the area so we go on photos and forums like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

212Pilot

We have a 2017 Cyclone 3800. its 15" from the closet door frame to the bed platform. 9" from the step to the bed base. The tight spot is the corner of the mattress to the Washer/Dryer closet which is 8". We swapped out the mattress that came from the factory for a Costco Memory Foam Mattress so ours might be tighter there. Since that is my side of the bed I am very careful to get past the W/D closet since I already split my knee open once on the corner of the closet. We love the 3800 layout.

pjones1969

I'm doing my PDI tomorrow afternoon, moving my stuff from our current 5th wheel bunkhouse and then taking final delivery Friday morning and headed out for the weekend. We are excited and really looking forward to getting in it and figuring everything out. I hope its all we think it is or we have a big 43 foot problem on our hands, haha

pjones1969

212pilot, any tips and tricks for a new owner?

Do you have a slide selector manifold in the front compartment?

Thanks

WyoCyclone

I'm doing my PDI tomorrow afternoon, moving my stuff from our current 5th wheel bunkhouse and then taking final delivery Friday morning and headed out for the weekend. We are excited and really looking forward to getting in it and figuring everything out. I hope its all we think it is or we have a big 43 foot problem on our hands, haha

Make sure you post up some pics of the new trailer. Would love to see some it!!!

jbeletti

WyoCyclone - did you contact NRVIA or another inspection service yet? Just curious where you're at on that.

212Pilot

212pilot, any tips and tricks for a new owner?

Do you have a slide selector manifold in the front compartment?

Thanks

There is no way to select which slide opens they open Bedroom first, then the one with the least resistance. For us it seems to always be kitchen then living room slide. One thing we do is put a piece of stiff foam 2" thick under the pantry cabinet when we close the kitchen slide, so it supports the cabinet on the countertop. Someone else told us their pantry fell off the wall while they were traveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure they put pressurized water to the system, also check the pump and every water connection to the faucets, to include washer if you have one. When we got our Cyclone every plumbing fitting was loose and leaking. Go Slow and inspect everything.

pjones1969

There is no way to select which slide opens they open Bedroom first, then the one with the least resistance. For us it seems to always be kitchen then living room slide. One thing we do is put a piece of stiff foam 2" thick under the pantry cabinet when we close the kitchen slide, so it supports the cabinet on the countertop. Someone else told us their pantry fell off the wall while they were traveling.

Make sure they put pressurized water to the system, also check the pump and every water connection to the faucets, to include washer if you have one. When we got our Cyclone every plumbing fitting was loose and leaking. Go Slow and inspect everything.

Thanks, I am kind of worried about that pantry, that's a good tip about the foam block. I plan to run a whole lot of water through it today during the inspection, I'm going early and staying late.

pjones1969

Well, all went well, no issues

41fcb961552aee9ccabdef1af878cde8.jpg

They are going to clean the exterior and the roof in the morning then I'm headed out

Installed the High Speed Observation camera, works real good, the pic is taken a good 300 foot away from the unit as I was leaving

e00579057c8c694858b1b8769df3555a.jpg

And last but not least a few pics of the closet bed area

42e28d0a3c73377d0d41ad09b842c4a3.jpg

0b45d0342f40e801b1c6858673ca2737.jpg