Has anyone added a ceiling fan in the bedroom?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Title says it all. Is it possible? Anyone ever do it?

What are you hoping to achieve? I'd rather have an AC unit. Second, I'd want a FantasticFan. Both will move air a whole lot better than a ceiling fan.

If it's just for white noise that moves air, we really like our countertop or floor Vornado fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynndiwagoner

The vornado on the floor works well for us. Aim it at the ceiling and it will bounce down on you and provide a nice breeze.

TxCowboy

I think many would agree that a ceiling fan just won't work in the LM bedrooms -- not enough ceiling clearance. I like the air circulation but the standard bathroom vent is just too noisy plus the skylight over the shower lets in too much light if we're sleeping late.

We purchased a $15 ten inch fan with variable speeds that serves for both air circulation and white noise. It has a clip-on feature that clips onto the bed slide framing and works great. It also takes up no floor space :)

Thanks for all the replies. I guess it shows how little I know about RVs. Hopefully will own one before the end of the year. Thanks again.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for all the replies. I guess it shows how little I know about RVs. Hopefully will own one before the end of the year. Thanks again.

Hey, no worries! We all have to start somewhere! The forum is here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenneths

I think many would agree that a ceiling fan just won't work in the LM bedrooms -- not enough ceiling clearance. I like the air circulation but the standard bathroom vent is just too noisy plus the skylight over the shower lets in too much light if we're sleeping late.

We purchased a $15 ten inch fan with variable speeds that serves for both air circulation and white noise. It has a clip-on feature that clips onto the bed slide framing and works great. It also takes up no floor space :)

Where did you get your fan? sounds like what I have been looking for.

Our 2018 Madison has rear bedroom. There is room for a ceiling fan but there is none installed there.
There is one installed in the galley.