King to Queen Bed - 3600

Lndeatr

Has anyone here downsized their bed to a queen?

We took delivery of our new 3600 which is an insurance replacement for a 2013 300C that unfortunately had a fire and was totaled due to the rear damage and smoke damage. The 300C was perfect for us and the bedroom was roomy and has lots of space around the queen bed due to the extended nose cone.

The floorplan pictures on the Heartland website are very misleading in the size of the king bed. The bed only has about 3" of clearance on the wall side (not enough room to do anything except drop stuff in there) and maybe 16" on the closet side. There is literally no where to get dressed and if you are standing on the closet side, you can't open the closet. My plan is to pull out the king and buy a queen mattress. This will give me 16 inches. I will cut 5" off the pedestal (plywood) on the wall side. On the closet side, I will pull off the thin plywood (looks like leftover wall board) that slides over the thicker plywood to expose the spring loaded slide/rails. Compress it to 60" and sink some self tappers to create stops. It will still compress when the slide is in but will stop at 60" when the slide is out. I will then reinstall the plywood, and then compress it and drill another 1 or 2 holes where I can drop pins to hold it compressed. When we get up in the morning, I will compress it and drop the pins. This will close the gap against the wall but give us the full extra 16" on the closet side.

At night that would give me roughly 27" on the closet side and 8" on the wall side making it much easier to get into the bed on both sides. After we are up, we will have roughly 32" on the closet side which should be enough to open the closet and get dressed. If I wasn't 6'3" I would buy a queen short to create more room at the end of the bed but our first one had that size and my feet hung off the bed.

So basically, I want to make the bedroom look like the floorplan. Heartland should offer this as an option. Sometimes bigger is not better (like the oversize tv that we are going to swap out).

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I took out our king and put in a queen with bed side stands when we first bought it. It is a fairly simple task and only took a couple of hours. IMO downsizing the TV is going way to far!

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Lndeatr

IMO downsizing the TV is going way to far!

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

We both think it is too big for the space and looks tacky. It’s wider than the fireplace mantle and the trim above it. We thought the 40” in our 300C was crazy big. Also my wife wants to be able to see the tv from the kitchen so I am going to put a swivel mount so we can swivel it at an angle between the kitchen and couch. A smaller tv will be lighter.

Wickford

Off topic but has anyone gotten a scaled pin weight on the 3600? Is it close to the ~3500lbs listed in the glossy brochure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumboldles

We changed out the king for a queen...makes a difference for getting around in the bedroom.

Dumboldles

So I haven't yet replaced the king mattress but it is on the to do list. But in the mean time I ran a ratchet strap around the spring loaded slide and tightened the strap down with the slide pushed all the way in. Instant room by the closets.